Britain in crisis?

So today we have nursing strikes, rail strikes, postal strikes, ambulance strikes. There has been a blanket of snow on roads and no gritters, our power security is under threat, people are dying of mould poisoning, after regulating the banking industry because they caused a massive financial crash, they are now deregulating. Is this the taking back control we were promised by the Brexit vote?

1 Like

Don’t forget to mention the egg shortage.

Bad day at the office Annie?

2 Likes

The egg shortage too! We have had bird flu so many times in the past but somehow it’s never stopped us having a full shelf of eggs at the supermarket. I’ve read this is more to do with high transport costs and farmers throwing in the towel as it’s no longer worth it having an egg laying business.

Luckily I didn’t have to go to the office today as it would have been impossible to get there.

2 Likes

No, it wasn’t what you were promised, that’s because the people who sold you Brexit were liars and snake oil salesman

But it is what you were always going to get if you voted Brexit and Tory :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

No one expected Boris to be such a disaster though.(except me but no one listened to my advice.)

2 Likes

I did too, and he definitely lived down to my expectations

2 Likes

Notice there are no “industrial” strikes! That’s coz there ain’t no industry no more. :icon_wink:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the crisis in the care industry, if you think the nhs is bad, we’ll, you ain’t seen nothing yet

1 Like

and wot about us pensioners, erm… time to stike yaaa!!

2 Likes

What will the old fogeys be picking on the pickit line?

flu or covid

1 Like

What about a “Spaced Out” picket line?

stiff necks

Scabs

I’m waitin for it to up anchor and just float away to the bahamas who are also in a mess but always get lovely weather?

It’s not in the Bahamas but central American Costa Rica is apparently the best place to live on the planet.

1 Like

The pope will probably move the Vatican over there.

Have we ever known any different? It’s all happened before and it will happen again, Cest La Vie

when the armed forces go out on strike then ya in real trouble anarchy on the streets and the HM unprotected? I’ve heard rumours of an Islam take over as predicted by Enoch Powell?

How come Europe is in similar situation? Is that our fault too … they have rampant inflation soaring energy prices Europe is on strike too with air and rail chaos over the Xmas period…So ok things could be better here but let’s not kid ourselves its just us or that its due to Brexit…its not we are in a global situation

3 Likes