Brexit has completely failed for UK, say clear majority of Britons – poll

And Bruce is ‘Black and White’ man…Life is never as simple as he likes to make out Spitty…

That was your Brexit OGF. Everyone who voted had their own personal version of what Brexit means, but the government had no plan other than Britain not being an EU member, when they asked us to vote. There were so many potential scenarios thrown around by the media at the time.

so do our goods and services. Goods that are these days more expensive, often no longer on our shelves, medicines constantly going out of stock etc. My difficulty is finding a carer and now the government has proposed new rules which would prevent carers coming from abroad. Absolutely ridiculous, making it up as they go along political nonsense.

3 Likes

Actually all I’m asking for is for you to share that vision. If you (repeatedly) put forward that Brexit “has not been done” or that “its Brexit in name only” I think it is reasonable for you to be asked what that means. What has not been done? Its a logical question that follows your claim: e.g. such as?

1 Like

You couldn’t be more wrong. In 1975 I voted “No”, it was the rest of you that voted “Yes”.

It doesn’t matter why people voted the way they did, they voted for a pig in a poke which is what they got.

BTW I am still a British subject and entitled to a British Passport.

2 Likes

Now we have a Bull in a China Shop!!!

1 Like

I do apologise Lincs, you are a relatively new member and you will not have seen my previous posts on brexit and my vision explained. I’ll try and find some of my previous explanations and report back…

That’s just your interpretation and opinion Bruce. It’s very commendable that you originally voted to exit the common market, I probably would have voted to stay in if I would have taken the same interest as I do now. I was 15 at the time and had just started a career in engineering as an apprentice. Looking back, breaking down the barriers and trading with the nine countries that made up the EEC seemed like a good idea at the time, but I didn’t realise that we would later have to sell our souls and our patriotism to Brussels. And as poor countries signed up for the free handouts, the three most industrious and wealthy members ended up with the bill…
We would also sell off our Fishing, steel, motor manufacturing and coal industries also making the UK a much poorer country, for some that is, the higher archy were laughing all the way to the bank…
I’m not saying the EU was entirely to blame. The government at the time were in it for the money and personal gain, and they still are, hence the reason why we are still in the EU technically.
I don’t dispute your right to being a citizen of the UK, after all you were born here, but how would you have voted now Bruce? Judging by your previous posts on Brexit and the UK, I very much doubt you would have voted the same way now. You live in an up and coming country with favourable temperatures, the freedom to travel wherever you wish, and being handsomely rewarded with a UK pension, it’s no wonder you adopt the attitude of ‘I’m alright Jack’. I still live in a rundown pit village that struggled to recover after the miners strike and the loss of the coal mining industry and all the supporting jobs that went with it. Little did I realise at the time, that had I voted to stay in the common market I would have also voted to put myself out of work and put my friends and neighbours into poverty. Thankfully, at the time I couldn’t give a monkeys so I didn’t cast a vote (I wasn’t old enough anyway) but having seen the monster that the EU has turned into over the years, I would always vote to stay out of the EU but I will never forgive Brussels and the EU for turning South Yorkshire into a slum and taking away the livelihoods of my friends and fellow Yorkshire men and women. Neither will I forgive labour and the tories for being the tool of the EU, and still are.

Isn’t it interesting that the little ditty posted two days ago notes that its only England, and not Scotland or Wales or Ireland, that have lost their patriotism? I wonder why that is. Or rather, I wonder why uniquely that some English think that being in the EU diminished their country?

I posted that because im English

If your Scotish you can change the little ditty to your own country as can the Irish and Welsh.

1 Like

I still think a lot of people voted Brexit out of xenophobia and the stick two fingers up to the French

And now the French are carrying on quite happily without us and not caring, probably glad to see the back of us….

……plus we need their help with the illegal boats crossing the channel, so that two fingered gesture probably doesn’t seem worth the price we’re all paying anymore, even to the Brexiteers

1 Like

I guessed that. And you posted on a thread about Brexit. Perhaps wrongly I took that to mean you perceived the membership of the EU as, in some way, diminishing England. That’s the bit I don’t understand as none of the other countries of the UK seem to feel that their nation was lessened whilst in the EU. English exceptionalism? Or just mistaken?

Wales voted to leave.

2 Likes

The vote was a simple YES/NO. David Cameron is the only person to blame; stupid boy was clueless as were the civil [self] service who allowed a referendum without any idea whatsoever what they were doing. The voting question should have been if you vote leave we have no plan deal with it.

‘Oh Sh*t We’ve Got No Plan:’ Bombshell Book Reveals Boris Johnson’s Brexit Reaction

The Vote Leave campaigner admitted: “I didn’t think it would happen.”

3 Likes

Have no plan A or B, let events decide.

the plan was clearly shrinkflation

Actually, for the tories, you might be right. If the workers are struggling then they will accept lower wages and worse employment conditions. More profit !!!

2 Likes

In the meantime

I had understood that farmers had been complaining about the unfairness that food product checks have been in place for exports to the EU (as the EU countries had spent time and money getting their border checks in place) but not for imports into the UK. This, they said, was unfair and a penalty on the UK farming sector.
Now that the UK is finally putting these checks in place the NFU is complaining it will hurt UK farming.
Its nice to see the madness and hurt caused by Brexit so neatly demonstrated.

2 Likes

Leaving the EU was always going to be a bit like trying to leave the Mafia :grin:

1 Like

I do not agree as it was much easier. Leaving the EU was like checking out from a hotel. Pay your bill and also your mini-bar bill and leave. Just do not expect to come back days later and have a free shower in the room.

3 Likes