Brexit benefits - where are they?

Who are you to tell us where and when we can talk? Flaming cheek :rofl:

Go talk to your own mirror, you’ll probably crack it :zap::mirror:

1 Like

@Baxter18 Read back through the comments from those who voted against Brexit and you will understand the reason I don’t involve myself in these so called discussions.

1 Like

Why don’t you learn to debate with civility ?

1 Like

Equally, why don’t the others debate without such hatred and bitterness.
Honestly, if l was like that, l would be seriously worried about my health.

5 Likes

The country doesn’t belong to anyone, we are only here on borrowed time.
None of us ‘own’ a country, it belongs to the world.

3 Likes

@Muddy,. “DEBATE ??”
What 'DEBATE ’ ??
They get on my tits !! :-1::-1:

We’d still have vacuum cleaners that picked up if we hadn’t joined the EU.

Have you ever read how many billions of pounds were wasted by the EU, on failed projects and dead-end investments?
They built how many airports in various countries that were never used.
Failed gas projects.

2 Likes

When people indulge in personal remarks , coarse language and general blustering it only goes to show they have a weak argument or none at all .
All they have to do is list the benefits instead but they can’t as there are none .

1 Like

@Artangel , Roads that went nowhere !
Supersonic airliners that crashed !
Thousands ofempty holiday houses with no infrastructure !
:worried::worried::worried:

3 Likes

@Muddy Just as you can’t list the benefits of EU membership other than
a bit of paperwork !! :-1::-1:

2 Likes

I have listed several on the appropriate threads as have others so please don’t resort to fiction .

1 Like

The thread topic didn’t ask us to list EU Benefits or to re-run all the old arguments.
If one looks back at the Opening Post, it merely asks

I never understand why some folk get so shirty and rude when anyone asks this question - if they don’t want to answer it, they could just pass on by instead of all the eye-rolling, defensive whataboutery and suggestions that Brits who have the temerity to ask questions about the benefit of Brexit should emigrate - not a very tolerant attitude to one’s fellow Brits, is it.

5 Likes

I quite agree
The fact is they just can’t do it .

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if you were serious because I can only go by the discussions on here where it is still a hot topic.

Obviously it was never a topic here except in passing even though I live in a suburb that used to be known as “Little England” (it is more diverse now)

You mean that you haven’t noticed that it is a “loaded question”?

Seemingly friendly & inquisitive but, more obviously, the throwing of bait onto the waters of an already discussed argument.

Try the “Benefits of the EU argument”. It works the same way.

3 Likes

Art, I can’t find a lightbulb which gives enough light for me to see by.

But I guess it saves the climate, not being able to see, or keep warm, or go to work, or ,or ,or…!

2 Likes

The remainers will be pleased to read this, from the DT, today:-

" Liz Truss will fly to Prague to join new ‘European political community’

PM agrees to join Emmanuel Macron’s new scheme on the basis that the issues of migration and energy were addressed"

Reminds me of the first moves to get us into the old trade agreement!

Abandon hope all who thought the democratic vote works!

“That which we call a rose, by any other name will smel!”

1 Like

Brexit Benefits…
I don’t have to drive round with somebody else’s flag on my number plate.
Seriously though…
The real benefits of leaving the EU would not be realised for several years because I believe we are still subscribing to that exclusive club.
Further more, we need someone decent in charge to oversee the departure, instead of people who will lose money or kudos from the divorce.

1 Like

We won’t be able tio drive, at all, if some EU Countries don’t get their act together on the Russia/Ukraine situation.

2 Likes

No, that has already been taken care of. The introduction of expensive electric vehicles and the rationing of electricity will certainly put a lot of people off the road Ted.