Brexit benefits - where are they?

You need to get out more. We have parties galore, garden fetes, church services etc etc etc round here, all devoted to discussing Brexit.

2 Likes

Really?

1 Like

Well, no. I do chat with friends though.

2 Likes

One thing, that we might have learned, is that a Government, if it approves the right to vote/referendum, on any Major Change, should ensure that those responsible for carrying the new plan out make the proper plans, with suitable checkpoints, and provide an efficient delivery.

For me, the blame for most of the still existing chaos, and Public disgust, is down to the fact that this never happened with Brexit.

There were two other big players in this game.

The Civil Service and the EU.

Why do the Brexiteers have to take the rap for the quality of the delivery?

I say no more!

Otherwise I’d be going on about the Project Management of High Speed Trains, Building Warships, you name it!

3 Likes

My friends have more interesting things to talk about than things that happened a few years ago.
I’d yawn if they started on about Brexit… so boring now!

5 Likes

It’s the way I tell 'em, at all, at all

1 Like

We probably move in very different circles, then. I hear anger and resentment all the time, at work, in the pubs, from my children’s friends, all over the place

And quite right too, we have every right to be furious at what was done to us

And I think the wave of resentment is growing as we see the harm Brexit is doing

The vote was indeed taken and the decision taken, and it was a hideous amoral one that will have disastrous consequences for our country and our young people’s future

'Tis done indeed, so we have every right to blame and hold to account the people responsible for it done, and dislike them for it

And nothing that’s done can’t be undone, so it’s important to keep up the anger at the disastrous decision, it’s consequences and the people responsible

And fight to get us back in and undo the awful mistake

4 Likes

There we go again, that’s the argument the Brexiters always trot out and it’s so insulting it makes me want to spit

Nearly half of those who voted, voted to stay in the EU

This is our country as much as the Brexiter, and we are just as patriotic the Brexiters, probably more so, if they were really patriotic they wouldn’t have voted Brexit to do our country and it’s young people harm

How dare you suggest we should leave because we don’t agree with you and Brexit? What gives you the right to decide ?

Like most Remainers, I would never leave my country in the hands of the Brexiters to have their own way with and destroy

And I’ll be staying right here to put right the damage you’ve done

Can we have a whip round to deport the Brexiters with their reactionary, xenophobic attitudes? The air in this country would be much fresher for it

4 Likes

Then you and your friends are burying your heads in the sand by not focusing on the present situation, who caused it and how to put it right

And are in for a big surprise when the the abused and furious start to take action

4 Likes

There’s no way to deliver a turd like Brexit without creating a stink and a cesspool

It’s not the delivery that’s wrong and a disaster, it’s the concept of Brexit itself

And blaming the Civil Service and the EU is just the Brexiter’s way of trying to muddy the water and wriggle out of responsibility for the mess they’ve made and the disaster they’re responsible for

4 Likes

I absolutely hear you and couldn’t agree more. I find myself wandering around muttering to myself “this just cannot be real” my best friend took advantage of the offer of an Irish passport and moved to Italy. every single morning we email each other with Brexit updates and explode with the stupidity of it.

I asked the question in this posting about benefits and as predicted nobody was able to provide any. I don’t argue with people about Brexit I just ask them awkward questions and watch them shrink away.

You can rest in your bed safe in the knowledge that this stupendously ridiculous move will be reversed at huge cost I’m afraid but it will be reversed. We will never again have so much power within the EU community because we’re an object of fun but the pain of being outside will subside.

5 Likes

If you were right and you’d educated the population efficiently you might have won the vote.

Sadly you didn’t!

1 Like

It was the governments responsibility to educate the population as to the drawbacks of Brexit and Cameron did not do it because he could not believe that people would vote leave .
The majority of people voted leave because they thought it would stem the flow of unchecked immigration into the U.K…
This has not happened .

4 Likes

Yes, we lost the vote and that was a great tragedy for our country

But losing the vote doesn’t mean the concept of Brexit was ever sound, workable or ethical

Some people were duped by the self interested promoting Brexit to their own ends.

Some Brexiters voted because they are xenophobic and racist, you can’t fix stupid.

Others were taken in by the lies and propaganda

Others were just malevolent. Or looked bag on the 40s and 50s through rose tinted spectacles and wanted to turn the clock back and inflict that on the young

We’re seeing now that the the Brexit people were promised and hoped for can never happen. It never could and we’re all paying the price

Having your cake and eating it was never an option, you were lied to

Things can be put right but the cost will be horrific and the Brexiters have blighted and diminished our lives

@Maree , Well hard shyte Maree !!
Looks like the remainder Tories have just blown all the money you are
relying on to buy your way back into the EU ?? :grin::grin:
You will have to leave now or get a job picking taters or summat?
No more cushy office jobs any more !
No more work from home!
And we’ve got enough doomsayers to sink the Ark. Royal ?
:grin::grin::+1::+1:

1 Like

@Baxter18 , " my friend moved to Italy"
Pity you never joined her, then you could be cheering the ltalians up instead
of us !!
BTW, where have you been lurking for the last five years ?
Were you hibernating or summat ?? :grin::grin:

Well, Tories always let their mates get their snouts in the trough first, what did you expect?

We should make the state pension a means tested and take it away from the rich selfish lazy old Brexiters, that should help fund us back into the EU

And getting us back in is the only way to save us from the ruin the Brexiters have wreaked.

Employers won’t be able to afford offices any more, or to heat them so they’ll want us to work from home more, huddled round our slow cooker for warmth

And office workers, especially civil servants on the lowest grade, are some of the most poorly paid people in the country, not much above minimum wage, so don’t stereotype it as cushy

People who say Brexit will ruin us and our country aren’t doomsayers, just realists with a grasp on the situation

Unlike Brexiters living in cloud cuckoo land, too arrogant to admit they were wrong

We’ve got enough fantasists and reactionaries to sink any country

1 Like

Yes, our International reputation has been destroyed by Brexit

3 Likes

No, an apology doesn’t do it

What we and our country have lost can’t be atoned for or put right by an insincere apology

There needs restitution of what was taken from us and the Brexit mistake put right

And penalties suffered by those responsible

2 Likes

@Maree ,@Baxter, Why don’t you Two go and talk to the mirror !!
And l don’t mean the Daily. Mirror either !! :-1::worried::-1:
Oh and Quantify your last statement please ?

2 Likes