Brexit benefits - where are they?

If only it were a serious and accurate reflection of this court case. Instead the article first aims to taunt anyone who thinks there was merit in the UK being part of the EU. This is wholly unrelated to the court case and is simply simple minded braying. Second, it bizarrely claims the outcome of the case will lead to the collapse of the EU - but offers no substance to this claim. Lastly, as you point out.it claims the corruption by these EU officials is worse than seen in the UK. Really? I beg to differ. There has been billions squandered in corrupt fast-track contracts to mates of MPs. This EU scandal never reached these levels.
So an article about an important court case but an article that takes the trashiest approach to covering that case as is possible.

3 Likes

If there is Corruption, at this level, it should be rooted out.

Whether in The EU, or the UK.

Let’s not argue that some Countries can “get Off”, let’s fix it.

This World Cup might have been a storm in a teacup, but when we look at what’s happening, for example, to Manchester City, in terms of suggested corruption, you have to do something about it.

If you don’t do something about it, you’re part of it!

I agree 100% - the EU needs this court case to detail all the wrong doing and severely punish the guilty.

We were the “Workhouse” of Europe well before the EU, membership just compounded things.

It takes Brexit for the UK to address our low productivity problems? Yup, the UK truly is in crisis. What has the government being doing for the last 12 years (not addressing key issues it appears)?

5 Likes

1 Like

I still wake up periodically wondering about what kind of madness we’re in. Your pictures encapsulates it perfectly. What a total sh!t show we’ve been landed with.

1 Like

You forgot the word ‘pathetic’. When the so called “winning side” feel the need to resort to cartoons like that then you know for sure the wrong choice has been made.

2 Likes

Yes, the quote, from Muddy, is a prime example .

Democracy never happened!

12 years of waiting for the Civil service to do the tasks that they should be project managing.

HS2, Brexit, Power Supplies, you name it.

Do any projects ever get completed on time?

]

Yes child labour was a great success here back in t’day

Uhhhhh …Muddy is on the losing side (the correct side imo) and democracy did happen.

Still… moving on … so the catastrophe that beholds us is not Brexit but the civil service now. You’ll soon run out of places to hide.

Eventually people will run out of who to blame for the mess and just admit the Tories are only good at making the country go down the toilet.

2 Likes

I guess that you don’t think that any large enterprise must have both leaders, to come up with the ideas, and implementers, to make sure that they get there cost effectively and on time.
Not one or the other.
Both!

I hope that you will find a Party which does it better.

History doesn’t seem to be storing any!

Present opposition is saying nowt!

Interesting that many countries government set up has two chambers, upper and lower, and an executive or presidential body. These often allow for ideas to come from the executive or from one / both of the chambers. The proposals that make into legislation and then laws or acts are usually ones with most support. In practical terms this will be when the largest party (or coalition of parties) supports it.
This is very different from the UK and your notion of leaders that come up with the ideas.
Funnily enough in private enterprises there was always that joke about how business consultants worked - they’d get their brief from the business leaders but then go speak to the guys actually working in the business for the ideas. Then present them to the leaders as these great ideas - and because the ideas now came from expensive consultants the leaders would accept them. How does that fit with your description?

Can’t see anything wrong with that.
Actually got involved sometimes.
Something that works, properly, is usually a good indicator.
Can’t see the SC doing much of that!

Now I don’t understand your notion that the world is split into idea generators and implementors. What really happens, as with the consultant example, is everyone needs to be idea generators (most especially during implementation as that is where ideas are needed to overcome problems, to improve on ideas, to take advantage of changes). Dumb implementors who are not also able to come up with ideas always screw up.