BORIS - the Dictator!

Not on my screen via Edge Chromium browser. I usually compose elsewhere then C&P it into the reply box using command functions.

1 Like

I agree. Unfortunately, there are only two means of that happening.

The first, and quickest, would be if enough Conservative MPs pushed for Boris to be replaced, but even then who would replace him? My personal choice would be JRM, but he has said that he doesn’t want the job.

The other, but unlikely to happen for some time, is an early general election with an alternative party taking so many votes that Boris would certainly be kicked out by his fellows. It could even result in a different party taking government, or at least forming a coalition with the Conservatives.
Whatever happens, if Labour got in the country would be doomed, and I hope most people realise that.

I use Edge and it appears on the right on mine. I try to remember always to read through again, as even the best of us make the occasional mistook.

2 Likes

Aww that’s a shame then, LD. I don’t know what can be done to help you there :frowning:

1 Like

Perhaps there is a toggle somewhere I’m missing. Now I’ll have to delve into all the bells & whistles :+1:

According to the DT, today, the process of stopping Boris from acting wildly with his own, undiscussed plans, is being fixed>>>>>>>>>>>>

" It’s too much to say that Tory MPs have lost confidence in Boris Johnson as Prime Minister. They never had much in the first place, which is why his chances of leading the party were seen as laughably low until the Brexit crisis. He was chosen as a wild card, the only man who could turn Theresa May’s mess into a majority. That hasn’t changed. So it doesn’t matter how frustrated they get with him: he is still, by some margin, the best election-winner they have. Until that changes, he stays.

But a glorious revolution now seems to be underway. The king remains but his powers are being curtailed by parliament – or, in this case, his Cabinet. Sajid Javid yesterday ruled out compulsory vaccination, abruptly ending the “national conversation” that the Prime Minister called for the night before. No 10 can, of course, still press ahead – but having described mandatory jabs as “unethical” Javid would have to resign (again). In his way, the Health Secretary has drawn a red line around No 10."

2 Likes

Whichever way his party feels about Boris, I think it’s a fair bet that more and more voters are getting a bit fed up with him.
I suppose he, and his MPs, feel pretty safe with that 80-seat majority, but that is likely to reduce before long, which is why I hope for Reform UK to take some seats in by-elections as and when they come along.

I think every one was too polite to mention it. Thanks Pixie. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

As far as I’m aware this to do with the European Courts and judicial system such as the ECHR which hamstrings the UK in areas such as border controls and booting out fake asylum seekers who are really illegal immigrants bucking the system.

Boris due to make a televised statement @8pm this evening

Using Safari browser on a MacBook Pro, that is exactly the same way I post – compose text in a text editing program (TextEdit) then copy and paste into the reply window. It doesn’t matter about the text origination, it’s only words and spaces, the right hand box displays how it will appear on the thread, except for line breaks, they are dictated by the allowance for the post.
:grinning:

UK alert levels to be raised to 4 due to Omeron……

He’s inviting everyone round for a Christmas quiz.

2 Likes

Fingers on Buzzers everyone - now vote for Plan A, B or C … :mask:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He’s on!!
Look at the state of his hair!! What a SLOB!

All the more reason for us to detach ourselves from the ECHR, which we should have done last Christmas.
I can only assume that we are still a signatory is that Alexander Boris dePfeffel is a closet remoaner.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what restrictions he’s going to put on our life in this country, as it isn’t quite time for the speech yet. However, I suspect that the result will not be to most people’s liking!

I think that comes under the heading of “Appeal”…certainly hope he doesn’t believe he was in any way ‘appealing’!!

AH! JUST HEARD THE LATEST!

Boris has put in place new measures to combat the spread of Covid.

There will be no more parties in No. 10 until further notice.