BORIS - the Dictator!

If you want a dictator government then live in Russia or China. Boris is nowhere near like those countries

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::ok_hand:

In that case, we need some way of calling a General Election before this new law can be enacted. Is that likely to happen? No! So what’s the point of pontificating on a scenario which isn’t going to achieve the desired result? I can only think it’s to point out your voting preferences…and/or having a jolly good platform to air your political views.
Why don’t we just try and resolve the immediate issue?

Not yet he’s not…and that’s the point of this post…and the petition!!

3 Likes

No easy answer. However, I believe that one thing which may be beginning to frighten Boris is the rise of interest in Reform UK. I have seen several readers’ comments in the Telegraph pushing this new party and I’m in no doubt that some other newspapers will probably feature similar comments.

I have even heard talk about some Conservative MPs thinking of defecting to Reform UK. If that is true, then it may be worth writing to our MPs, assuming we write to the right ones!

The other thing which would support Reform UK would be more publicity. That, too, is something which ordinary people could do more of, in the hope of increasing their support. That in turn could turn more MPs against the Conservatives and toward Reform UK.

If none of that works, then we must wait until 2024. However, there is serious talk of Boris being ousted before then and, right at this moment, I’m hearing a report on the telly about his backbenchers becoming increasingly disillusioned with him.

2 Likes

I’m really trying to see this from your point of view as an anti vaxxer - but you got covid and it was obviously pretty severe and unpleasant for you. Now imagine everyone who also disagree with vaccinations - how would it be if they all got covid at roughly the same time. Escalate that and step up the severity of covid so they ALL need to go into hospital…and the hospitals can’t cope - they’re full. Who do they treat first? People who genuinely need help due to no fault of their own…or those who have ALREADY refused a drug which would minimise the severity of their symptoms? Who’s in control now? Do those people want to die? Personally, I’d choose those who tried to help themselves…
“The government don’t do anything without a reason and are as controlling as any country in the world” - in some cases I may agree with you but in this, I don’t. Those vaccines are FREEDOM - anti-vaxxers are jeopardising everyone’s health and lifestyle! THEY have refused freedom…but THEY are inflicting that refusal and the increased risk and prolonged lifestyle limitations on everyone else!
“We don’t even know it’s happening” …well of course we do! Any half-intelligent person KNOWS what’s happening in their own country. THIS POST IS POINTING OUT WHAT *COULD HAPPEN and you’re coming up with some mediocre bleating about control… and without any apparent intention to put your signature on a petition that some intelligent person has constructed to STOP A LAW WHICH WOULD LEGALISE GOVERNMENT CONTROL!!! jeeezzz!!!

Then let’s hope the peasants are as revolting as possible as quickly as possible!

My final post on this…

You know all those documentaries you’ve watched about a dictator’s path to power? You know there’s always the bit where you think “Why didn’t people do something? They could have stopped him while there was still time”.
That’s the bit we’re at.

2 Likes

On the specific subject of vaccination for the Covid vaccine, I have had the two routine vaccines and, more recently, the booster.

However, apart from having taken these admittedly recommended (by medics as well as MPs) precautions, I am becoming more of the opinion that Covid is now becoming less dangerous although, apparently, more infective.

To me, it is becoming more like the flu (or even the common cold) in that it is likely to become more and more commonplace but far less damaging. Yes, some people do still die of the flu, but very few. Most who catch it simply take to their bed and wait for their own body to combat the virus through natural immunity.

Well many of us certainly are… according to some.

1 Like

I agree, and I hope we do - quite quickly because he seems to be causing more trouble than he’s worth.

1 Like

I’m sure that before the laws can be changed, parliament will have to vote vote on it and it will have to wend its way through the House of Lords, so there’s no danger of it being imposed on us. That is the the whole purpose of the set up we have, to prevent one man forcing through legislation against the magorities wishes. Oliver Comwell sorted that, probably.

I’m not an ANTIVAXXER!

1 Like

It would appear that my spelling went somewhat awry last night after a couple of brandies. Lets blame the predictive text on my tablet shall we. :innocent: I only noticed it this morning and seem unable to correct it, the edit button is missing. Is editing time limited? Anybody know?

Yes its a fairly short window of a few hours I think. I wouldn’t worry about it, your meaning is clear. I know it can be annoying to have to see it, but at least its not rude! :smiley:

Hi

Overall Boris wants to be a Dictator and operate outside the rules.

He needs to be stopped.

3 Likes

This is why I think the forum platform should offer a preview window as it will appear when published.

1 Like

It does though…? Right next to the reply box that you type in.

1 Like

Not on my screen via Edge Chromium browser. I usually compose elsewhere then C&P it into the reply box using command functions.

1 Like

I agree. Unfortunately, there are only two means of that happening.

The first, and quickest, would be if enough Conservative MPs pushed for Boris to be replaced, but even then who would replace him? My personal choice would be JRM, but he has said that he doesn’t want the job.

The other, but unlikely to happen for some time, is an early general election with an alternative party taking so many votes that Boris would certainly be kicked out by his fellows. It could even result in a different party taking government, or at least forming a coalition with the Conservatives.
Whatever happens, if Labour got in the country would be doomed, and I hope most people realise that.