Boris Johnson widely regarded as a ‘liar’ by voters, poll finds

I predict a Government Plan, very shortly, to introduce a total clean up of Parliament, and all who sail in her.

Lots of details, lots of new penalties, lots of support, and, guess what dates will be in the target plan.

…and, I think the Public will buy into it! - That’s what they are asking for.

From that point onwards, there’ll be no lying, no “special deals”, no sleeze.!

:bone: :bone: :bone:

I’ve thought Boris is a liar since back in his university days - he didn’t change his ways when he was a journalist nor when he was a Mayor, an MP or a Cabinet Minister, so why anyone would expect him to change his ways if he became PM is a mystery.

I vote for who I think will be the best MP from the candidates standing in my constituency - the policies of the party they have pledged allegiance to plays a big part but I also look at their own track record.

I would never vote for my local MP based on which “personality” I wanted as head of government and it irritates me when people say “I voted for Boris” when they actually voted for their local Tory candidate - although I think quite a lot of folk did cast their vote for “Boris as PM” even though he did not represent the policies and party they normally vote for, especially in the North of England.

I know lots of people who did vote for their local MP candidate, based solely on the party they represent, even though their opinion of the party leader was very low, because they wanted a government with the policies of that party.
I also know quite a few people who voted for their local Tory candidate because they wanted Boris as PM, because they thought Boris was the best Party Leader “to get Brexit done” even though they don’t usually vote Tory and think Boris is a liar - if they think he’s doing what they want, they will close their eyes to the rest .

Sadly, the First Past The Post system encourages “tactical voting” so we’ll never have true democracy while we have this type of voting system.

2 Likes

That’s my point, really. It really doesn’t matter who

The ethical thing to do, to restore our country’s moral compass and try to get back some respect internationally, is to throw out the trash and be seen to throw out the trash

Johnson is a corrupt, lying and self-serving man with no decency ir integrity. Any man or woman off the street would be better than him in terms of us having some self-respect .

“Always keeping hold of nurse, for fear of finding something worse” …… is no way to run a country with any integrity

Throw him out and trust in democracy and decency to produce something better. We deserve better

Surely any polling system will be “tactical” if any sitting Government has control over the setting of the rules for it?

Those selling PR often seem to think the Parties will end up different, be careful what you wish for!

1 Like

I absolutely knew that would be your reply…

4 Likes

I think the general public have very little influence on the government of the day other than getting them out to vote in the elections. I also think that most politicians start out for all the right reasons and to make a difference. Unfortunately I believe there are two reasons why we never seem to get what we voted for. (1) I think there are unseen forces acting on our PM that we could not imagine, and it’s why they end up making unpopular decisions. Red tape or resistance from members of the same party make a PM have to change tack and eat humble pie, which makes him/her look stupid and a lier in the eyes of the public. I don’t think we know half of what goes on in parliament and the press just embellish any story to make it sensational or to make you form an opinion about somebody.

And (2) Boris does not run the country! There are far greater global powers at work here that control much of what happens in the world. Basically, money and power are the drivers, and nothing happens in the civilised world without their say so. They own most of the wealth of the world and could shut a country down or ravage it with war. In which case, voting for your favourite party or politician is just superficial, because once they are elected and the party is over, they have to tow the line like any other puppet and if they don’t you will be harshly brought back into line. Think Iraq, Syria, Russia (work in progress) among many others.

1 Like

Hi

Many underestimate Boris.

He is a very skilful operator and absolutely ruthless.

He can make mincemeat of the Parliamentary Opposition, but not on the World Political Stage.

There is apparently a load more evidence floating around about many breaches of the Covid Rules, but by forcing a Vote now, he can outwit them.

Do not underestimate his survival instincts.

2 Likes

Well, exactly

Cockroaches also have excellent survival instincts

And, just like Johnson, they are scavenging faeces-eating opportunists, spreading sickness and corruption, who thrive in dirty environments who need stomping on to prevent them soiling our country

1 Like

Ooh … I do like your analogy … :+1:

:grinning:

1 Like

Nope I don’t agree with a word you say Marree especially as you have no solutions…its easy to criticise…I will also add I really object to the language you use …I would say that even if it was about someone I disliked I find it unnecessary and offensive.

6 Likes

35 - Social care: Boris Johnson said he had a plan for social care ‘prepared’ in his first speech as PM. But no such plan existed and a cap on lifetime costs was only announced more than two years later, taking effect from October 2023. The PM then outraged campaigners by tweaking the cap, so that poorer Brits couldn’t count money paid by their council towards the £86k limit.

1 Like

I have spent too much time here today…Time foe real life

1 Like

Just as I knew, if there was any call to get rid of Johnson, someone would come out with “who would you replace him with” to try to muddy the waters on Johnson’s disgusting behaviour

As if fear of electing someone who might turn out to be a dud is any reason for keeping someone who has proved himself to be a dud

Indeed … BJ stands alone with his appalling record in public life - as a prevaricator, he has no equal. If he speaks, he lies; if he acts, it’s for himself.

1 Like

Hi

This is a discussion Forum, Summer is entitled to her views.

I do not always agree with them, but she is kind, polite and interesting.

Ganging up on her is not nice.

It is also wrong when it involves a Mod.

There is no “Ganging up”; there is no “Mod”.

Summer I agree with this post wholeheartedly.

1 Like

“That” election was about getting free from the increasingly awful EU and not really about Johnson. In the event he did enact article 52 in name only. Johnson may not be the most destructive PM for the UK, that was Blair, but one way or another Johnson and his cronies are the very worst administration the UK has had. His lying is only a part of the reasons he and indeed this government should go. His deliberate involvement in the America/Ukraine Vs. Russia is beyond disgusting.

2 Likes

On a discussion forum we’re all entitled to our views and to post them :clap:

And then everyone else is entitled to disagree with those views and say so :-1:

That isn’t “ganging up”, that’s taking part in a discussion on a forum. There wouldn’t be much discussion if we all agree with each other, would there? :+1:

It no good stating an opinion then getting the hump when someone disagrees with you.

If I did that and accused everyone of not being “nice” and ganging up on me everytime I mentioned Brexit, I’d be in and out of here like a revolving door! :door:

And there are only two mods on here, Azz and Bot. You can tell by the little shields next to their name on their profiles

There are many, many TL3s with very trivial editing rights, but all real moderating decisions are made by Azz. TL3s are not mods and they don’t have moderating privileges

1 Like

@The_Artful_Todger , l fully agree that Boris and most of thenTory party
managed to sidestep actually achieving what we voted for at the last
election, and the remainers on this forum should not be so ungrateful
towards him ! Otherwise we would have been completely free of the EU by now
if Lord Frost had had his way !!
But the Russian question is another matter and there is allready a another
thread to real with that ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: