Boris Johnson widely regarded as a ‘liar’ by voters, poll finds

A poll by JLPartners found that just 16 per cent of people would use positive language to describe the prime minister with more than 70 per cent characterising him in negative terms.

Voters were asked to describe the prime minister, with the most frequent description being that he is a ‘liar’ – followed by ‘incompetent’ and ‘untrustworthy’.

The poll, a nationally-representative sample commissioned by The Times newspaper, comes after the prime minister was fined for breaking Covid rules at a lockdown birthday party.

Of those people polled, one said: “He was the right person to get Brexit done but now he needs to go. He is a liar and has broken the law. We need a change.”

And another added: “At first, I really liked him and felt he would be good for the country, but now he has been in power he has been one of the worst prime ministers ever… he is so out of touch and has no idea how the majority of people live their lives.”

Other words used regularly by voters to describe the PM include “idiot” and “buffoon”, while one voter described him as an “utter anus”.

Realisation has spread to the masses … :+1:

1 Like

Everyone knows that!

Now they do but, in 2019, 13,966,454 mugs voted for the Tories to assume political power with Boris Johnson as Prime Minister … :scream_cat:

1 Like

What a surprise!

1 Like

I’m always surprised that people can vote for people they say derogatory things about. There were multiple polls about the negative things people thought about Trump. But if asked, they also say they would vote for him again. The exact same people in interviews.

2 Likes

Perhaps a touch of the ‘devil you know’ . Yes, Boris has always been known to be a buffoon of low morals and questionable integrity - but - what other choices were there?

4 Likes

Tuesday marks 1,000 days since Boris Johnson first began working in Downing Street on 24 July 2019. When he came to power, many warned that UK was in for a bumpy ride. He promised to defy the “the doubters, the doomsters and the gloomsters”, but since then his premiership has exceeded even the gloomiest, most doom-laden fears of his doubters and detractors.

BJ’s record speaks for itself … :icon_rolleyes:

October 2020

‘Get Covid live longer’

Johnson was holding out against lockdown measures and appear to suggest he was unconcerned by the deaths of people in their 80s, according to WhatsApp messaged released by his former aide Cummings. A message quoted the prime minister as saying: “I must say I have been slightly rocked by some of the data on Covid fatalities. The median age is 82 – 81 for men, 85 for women. That is above life expectancy. So get Covid and live longer.”

All politicians are liars; comes with the territory.

At the last GE, wasn’t it Boris or Corbin. No one in their right mind would vote for Corbin.

7 Likes

It doesn’t speak to me not in the least…I think the media is out to get him and they are succeeding. I still like Boris …anyway who else would you prefer to see in the role is there anyone …dont think so

4 Likes

3 March 2021

‘Pork barrel’ spending

The government is accused of “pork barrel politics” after towns fund cash is awarded almost exclusively to Tory supporting areas. All but six of the 45 towns granted cash in the first tranche of the scheme were represented by Conservative MPs.

1 Like

They all do it and accept it as normal practice, it’s not illegal.

1 Like

Hi

I think Boris is unsuitable to be PM and he is also a liability to the UK.

I also think the Tories have got some much better MPs than Boris.

At the last election it was a straight choice for most, Boris or Corbyn.

Corbyn was and still is a complete no no.

I was hoping for better from Labour, but we still have the Ultra Left Incompetents, such as Diane Abbott, lurking in the wings.

The Greens are nutters and the Lib Dems want unlimited Immigration.

I shall still vote, but I will waste my vote on an independent.

My Local MP, a Tory is a total disgrace, he has been censured 3 times by his own Party and he makes Boris look like an Angel.

1 Like

18 - Cancelling Christmas: Boris Johnson unveiled a plan that would let ‘Christmas bubbles’ of three families meet for up to five days in 2020. But he rowed back as Covid rates rocketed, and weeks later plunged England back into full lockdown. It later emerged Mr Johnson and then-fiancee Carrie had a friend to stay over Christmas. They insist she was part of a childcare bubble.

22 - Trying to dodge self-isolation: The PM and Rishi Sunak tried to dodge self-isolation by claiming to be part of a pilot scheme after they were ‘pinged’ by Sajid Javid - during a so-called ‘pingdemic’. In a farcical Sunday morning, they then U-turned less than three hours later amid public outcry.

Yes, I do blame the people who voted him in in the first place, knowing he was a liar, for landing us with a PM with no integrity to deal with these dangerous times of war, Covid, refugee crisis, horrendous price rises and poverty and hunger.

You’d hope for a decent, honest person at the helm at those times, don’t you?

(Actually, do you think we should be asking ourselves if Johnson is just a jinx? Nothing has gone right since he got in, has it? Maybe he’s the Uncle Albert of politics, he’s certainly sinking our country)

As for the people continuing to support him, they are just as bad as him.

They often use the excuse that there’s no one better. Rubbish, almost anyone would be better than this self serving liar, shaming our country

And I think that is just something they say to cover up the self-serving reasons they are still supporting him: They can’t bear to admit they’re wrong and that their Golden Boy is a dud, Brexit, keeping the Tories in power because it favours their own financial interests and Hyacinth Bucket snobbery and sycophancy

So Maree who would you have in his place?

2 Likes

Starmer is a better person IMO

1 Like

I think the average person votes for the person that they hope the candidate really is…

If there was a Santa, and he stood for election, I think he’d get in.

All those lovely gifts, a background of snow & sledges, near perfect “Spin”.

I’m not putting people down, saying all this, I think people are too “Nice”, but long may it last.

All those who “sell” things, from religion to used cars, and most things between, seem to bend the truth.

Just my opinion.

:imp:

1 Like

When I was working, we called it Information Management and performed the management with an eye on economy with regards to the information.

49 - Repeatedly ‘lying’ to Parliament: Boris Johnson has repeatedly been accused of misleading MPs and failed to set the record straight. As just one example, he has repeatedly made a misleading claim about jobs in Parliament. He said “there are 430,000 more [people] in employment now” than before Covid, but the figure is only payrolls - once self-employed jobs are included it’s actually lower.

And, of course, he is accused of misleading MPs when he said he thought a BYOB No10 lockdown party was a work event despite claims he waved away concerns - and when he said all rules were followed completely in Downing Street.

1 Like

Exactly. Snouts in the troughs and the people standing by them doing so because they think they’ll a bit of a bung too