Boris Johnson to return to Good Morning Britain for first interview time since he was accused of hiding in a fridge

What I do believe is that the answer Dorris gave was appalling. Is “Elsie” real? Has her energy cost increased by so much? All the rest is immaterial. The issue is the incredibly stupid reply from Fat Boy. That creature is now actually worse than Blair - and that IS saying something.

Also they’re going to review it in October, so there’s probably going to be more to come if things don’t get any better. The £150 is to see us through the summer months.

I felt sorry for Boris, he should have said, are you fact checking yourselves and Elsie too.

I don’t suppose that you have a link to the relevant figures concerning the government’s generosity … :017:

Boris didn’t ask if Elsie was real, have just watched it again, watch from 11.01. And sorry I got it wrong her energy bills have gone from £17 to £85 a month, but what I said still stands.

Watch the video from 11.01.

If it’s something BJ said the I CBA because it will be a lie … or, at best, a wild distortion of the truth.

1 Like

Elsie lives in a Band F council house all on her own. Imagine how many families with children would love to live in that house.

On top of this discount, discretionary funding of £144 million will also be provided to support vulnerable people and individuals on low incomes that do not pay Council Tax, or that pay Council Tax for properties in Bands E-H.

The Chancellor also today confirmed plans to go ahead with existing proposals to expand eligibility for the Warm Home Discount by almost a third so that three million vulnerable households will now benefit, as well as the planned £10 uplift to £150 from October. This follows a consultation by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to reform the policy so that more people will benefit.

So what? The bottom line is that this government is a disgrace from top to bottom.

1 Like

The Energy Bills Rebate will provide around 28 million households with an upfront discount on their bills worth £200. Energy suppliers will apply the discount to domestic electricity customers from October, with the Government meeting the costs. The discount will then be automatically recovered from people’s bills in equal £40 instalments over the next five years. This will begin from 2023, when global wholesale gas prices are expected to come down.

Households in England, which are in council tax bands A-D, will also receive a £150 rebate. The rebate to bills will be made directly by local authorities from April. This will not need to be repaid. This one-off payment will benefit around 80 per cent of all homes in England and is £1 billion more generous and more targeted towards lower-income families than a VAT cut on energy bills.

On top of this discount, discretionary funding of £144 million will also be provided to support vulnerable people and individuals on low incomes that do not pay Council Tax, or that pay Council Tax for properties in Bands E-H.

Those benefits aren’t for “people in poverty” - they’re for almost everybody … and some is repayable.

What billions is this then can you link to the governments largess?
And how would councils know the people where they live, in 30 odd years I don’t think I have ever seen a councillor around my way and I have 4 by the ay and of them only one has ever bothered rsponding to my emails when i have had an issue.

1 Like

well I didn’t see it but I’m glad I didn’t because I really don’t like how she is on GMTV and I don’t reckon much to her interviewing skills. I find her very self righteous too.

She tries to be the female Piers, sorry but it just doesn’t work, Mr Marmite knows how to interview!

Oh gawd I put in italics at the bottom, the bits I was talking about:

See my posts to Omah.

Those “bits” don’t add up to billions “given to councils to distribute to people in poverty”.

2 Likes

And I have not heard one Tory MP or minister who has appeared on Politics Live tell of the billions handed out to councils to help with poverty and if it happened I am sure they would waste no tme in telling us plebs,as often as they could how generous they are. :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

As well as what I’ve posted above there’s also:

This gives an explanation:

Also the Government funds majority of charities.

If the SOB’s stopped using our taxes as bribes dressed up as foreign aid and cut taxes on strategic items in the UK such as damn fool Princess Nut Nut hobby horses such as net zero then that would bring down the cost of living for all. The strategies of this god awful government, especially the manifesto lies have reached an all time low. The whole rotten lot need sweeping out and soon. Worst of all are the constant LIES especially from Dorris.

Let’s say that there’s around 70 million people in the UK. Probably closer to 100 million but that’s a different matter. Let’s say that 10% are living hand to mouth, probably via food bank charities. So that equates to 8 million people. That amounts to £8 per person. Not very good, eh?

Who will get your vote on Thursday?