Boris Johnson says he will leave No 10 ‘with my head held high’ at first PMQs since resignation

Really?
We, the voting public, have the right to vote for a local MP, one of a number of parties.
Whichever receives the most votes is elected to Parliament, regardless of party.
Whichever party obtains the majority of MPs forms the next government.
After that, whoever they decide to elect as their leader - the PM - is up to them.
If they like the PM s/he remains in office.
If they don’t like the PM s/he is replaced by someone else.
The choice of the replacement is decided by the party. That is what is going on now.
It is not a democratic decision by the voting population at large.

1 Like

But for anyone who wanted him gone they’ve got their wish so what’s the problem? :thinking:

1 Like

Is he still in situ or did he sneak out the back door

So, Big Dog is having a farewell party at Chequers while not attending Cobra meetings? :tada::partying_face::champagne:

The sheer brass neck of the man is unbelievable😡

You’d think even he would see that with his scummy record on lockdown parties this is really offensive? Or perhaps he’s deliberately trying to stick two fingers up and offend?

3 Likes

IIRC, BJ missed 5 COBRA meetings at the beginning the the COVID pandemic because he was shacked up with Carrie (then still a “girlfriend”) at Chequers … if he can get something for nothing then he will … :man_shrugging:

Was he not banned from using Chequers for his wedding anniversary bash? He must be determined to get his moneys worth for something then!

1 Like

how can ya hold ya head up high when you’ve got no neck?

Boris Johnson told to ‘turn up for work’ as he is set to miss third COBRA meeting

Number 10 has confirmed the prime minister will also not be attending a COBRA meeting on the heatwave on Monday, which has been declared a national emergency.

Still shacked up at Chequers with Carrie … :icon_question:

1 Like

Oh he has his priorities alright :roll_eyes: Odious little man.

Even as he ticks off his last days in office, the Beeb was at it again this weekend, attacking the PM for leaving the nation to frizzle alive while he guzzles iced champagne and caviar at Chequers.

Boris allegedly “raised eyebrows” by failing to chair a Saturday Cobra crisis meeting on the heatwave sweeping Western Europe.

Instead, they reported, he was kicking up his heels at a “farewell bash” in his sumptuous Chequers country estate.

Radio 4 quoted with approval Labour claims that the PM was “partying while Britain boils”.

Reporter Ben Wright suggested it was “some sort of shindig” for Tory supporters.

“So a fairly small gathering,” he added, unprompted.

Partygate will never die as long as we have the Beeb — and indeed all the major broadcasters — to keep it alive.

Boris might be reminded of US President Richard Nixon as he was hounded out of office over the original, Watergate.

“As I leave you, I want you to think how much you’re going to be missing,” said Nixon. “You don’t have me to kick around any more.”

Ah well, Auntie, there will be another Tory PM along in a minute.

But why should any Prime Minister be chairing a summit about weather?

In the great drought of 1976, Labour PM Jim “Crisis? What Crisis?” Callaghan didn’t chair emergency meetings.

He merely urged people to share a bath and ordered junior minister Denis Howell to perform a rain dance. It worked!

1 Like

The awful thing is that Johnson probably believes it.

Trevor Kavanagh seems to be an angry bird himself … did someone rattle his cage … :037:

Seems Boris is that useless he can’t even stop the sun from shining, what a tosser… :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep some don’t want him around and when he’s not it’s still his fault.

2 Likes

It’s something and nothing at the moment, that’s why he should have gone straightaway

Now he’s lingering on like a bad smell, enjoying the privileges of Chequers and flying jets, but not doing any of the ruddy work of being PM, that he’s being paid for :rage:

Which has left us leaderless, he should have departed and a temp PM been appointed to make sure that the work of government continues properly

But grabby Johnson is a user, and peeved because he got dumped, so he’s extracting the most out of his position while doing as little as possible. Sticking two fingers up basically

Which is what he’s always done throughout of course but it shows how he only looks out for number one and never gave a toss about his country

2 Likes

Well BJ hasn’t resigned from being PM, just the leader of the Con Party. I daresay if a huge sudden decision had to be made, it would be him who made it, not Dominic Raab (who is deputy, and in my opinion should be taking over right now, if that’s his job)

No wonder the world laughs at us. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Exactly, if he had any decency or sense of responsibility he would have resigned as PM too instead of being a Klingon and keeping all the privileges without doing the work

But it’s already established he doesn’t have any sense of decency or responsibility, I suppose :woman_shrugging::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Westminster’s summer recess is in the offing - will BJ going on holiday at someone else’s expense … :question:

1 Like

Oh, most likely…he is just a bum who expects everyone to pay his way :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So, some millionaire offers you a couple of week’s all expenses paid at his villa in the Bahamas, would you turn it down? Of course you would… :rofl:

1 Like