Boris Johnson: Former prime minister to host GB News show

Boris Johnson will “play a key role” in coverage of the UK and US elections next year and will host a series “showcasing the power of Britain around the world”, the broadcaster said. He is the latest Conservative politician to join the broadcaster, following former Business Secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg, party deputy chairman Lee Anderson, and husband-and-wife MPs Esther McVey and Philip Davies.

In a video posted on X, formerly Twitter, the former PM said:

“I am excited to say that I am shortly going to be joining you on GB News. I’m going to be giving this remarkable new TV channel my unvarnished views on everything from Russia, China, the war in Ukraine, how we meet all those challenges. I will be talking about the immense opportunities for Global Britain - as well as the challenges - and why our best days are yet to come.”

Former ministers are required to seek advice from the independent Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (Acoba) about any employment they wish to take up within two years of leaving office. After being approached by Johnson, the committee said taking up the role with GB News did not “raise any particular concerns under the government rules”.

However, it said Johnson should be subject to a number of conditions, including not drawing on any privileged material from his time in office and not being personally involved in lobbying the government on behalf of GB News for two years from the date he stepped down as prime minister.

Earlier this year, Acoba said Johnson had committed an “unambiguous breach” of the ministerial code by not clearing his Daily Mail job with the committee.

GB News is, apparently becoming a Conservative Club … :laughing:

Well, anyone who wants to watch ex-PM BJ talk BS will now have a regular opportunity … :roll_eyes:

Hi

I count myself fortunate that I do not watch GB News.

4 Likes

That’s GB news down the drain then .

3 Likes

Doesn’t say much for when he was in charge.

4 Likes

Oh dear… not that I watch it anyway.

2 Likes

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Oh puke! How vile is that? And after what he did? just sick🤮

But there we go, GB news is a Rabid Right propaganda show full of lies and bias, catering to populism and Brexiteers it should never be allowed to air

And now they’ve got their very own patsy, full of lies and bias, catering to populism and Brexiteers

Not unexpected, really?

And he definitely shouldn’t be allowed to air.

He has no shame whatsoever, does he?

I keep hoping karma catches up with this evil, corrupt and amoral man, but it’s slow coming

Where’s the thunderbolt or bubonic plague when you need them?

Next time I here of him doing anything down this way I’ll definitely be attending to heckle and jeer :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

“Our best days are yet to come”?

Well, they couldn’t get any worse than having a self-serving corrupt liar like him as PM, could they?

3 Likes

I. too, have never felt the need to select GB News as a viewing preference … :laughing:

2 Likes

It doesn’t work like that.They become world leaders and C.E.O’s :grinning:

3 Likes

Boris Johnson….forgotten but not gone…

3 Likes

Sad but true … :090:

1 Like

Is GB News the place where all has-been and wanna-be politicians go?

2 Likes

I don’t think Corbyn would be very welcome. :grinning:

1 Like

Hahaha! Too true! … I should have said
“is GB News the place where all has-been and wanna-be “Righty” politicians go? :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s a Tory members club, colloquially known as a “den” … :wink:

1 Like

It has some very entertaining presenters like Mark Dolen
Also it does ‘head liners’ every day with comedians they are very funny

1 Like

Partytime, excellent. :icon_wink:

It does’nt help that GB News is buried way down in Freeview Channels. Somewhere like 200+ Most people would not be aware of where it is, or be that bothered. :pensive:

1 Like

Easy to find on the remote control without looking (2nd-3rd buttons across and one down). TalkTV is one channel up from there, so this is also easy to select by feel. This makes GBNews and TalkTV easier to switch to than the Freeview HD channels (101/107 - England).

If interested in debating World affairs, I think all News channels should be looked at. Even if not wanting to argue/debate publicly, it’s still best to watch or listen to all political views (left, right and anything in between).

4 Likes

they should have a show jointly compered by Farage and Johnson. Farage spent years blasting Johnson on LBC.