As my computer is situated in another room from the router and I am sometimes getting a signal loss . So a bit of head scratching as to the cheapest way to increase the signal. No most ways too expensive. So another head scratch and thinking what about the aerial receiving the signal instead? ![]()
Before doing anything I need to know which motherboard is in the computer. No not by taking it apart but using this interesting and very helpful download. " BELARC ADVISOR" interrogates your computer and shows the parts in it. Highly recommend this free download saves all the hassle of any other way of finding out
So getting back to the reason of posting, can I get a better receiving aerial? Yes with a bit of research.
it is not just the aerial but the connection to the mother board. Most have a screw fitting but mine is a straight plug and socket push fit, which made it that bit harder to find. Then is the aerial compatible with the mother board? Next question. Yes I found one and claims to have a stronger reception than the one that came with the computer.
it is the
Gintai WiFi 7 Antenna for Gigabyte Z890 Z890I Z890M X870 X870E B550M B650E . Which is the one I need for my computer
The claim is
Quote
The Gintai WiFi 7 Antenna doesn’t boost Wi-Fi signal across your home. It improves reception on your PC by replacing your motherboard’s antenna with a higher-gain model (12dBi).
Think of it this way: your router still broadcasts the same signal strength, but this antenna receives it more effectively, giving your computer better connectivity and speeds.
Customers report noticeably improved reception compared to the built-in motherboard antenna, especially useful if your desk is far from the router." unquote
Cost £24.66. A lot cheaper than first thought of method. So it arrives tomorrow and will find out