Bob (old grey fox) is recovering from a heart attack

Stents wow that is a good result…You’ll be in your Own Bed tonite that means a Big step forward now for you and for your wife she will be so so relieved…

3 Likes

A big thank you to all the members who were by my side during those long days stuck in my hospital bed. Thank heavens I got a smartphone just weeks before my unfortunate event, or I would have had no way to keep in touch with the forum and my friends, even though my fingers were not as nimble using a microscopic Querty keyboard on a phone as they are on my laptop.
I must say a big thank you ( I already did with chocolates and a card) to all the doctors, nurses, auxiliary staff and the bloke and lady who brought me cups of tea every hour. (probably did me more good than all the medication) Don’t let anybody tell you that the NHS is not up to the job. Food was delicious, and I tried to book a stay again in the second week of July, but they were having none of it and said I would have to have another heart attack, so I’m working on it with this MacDonalds…Only joking!
I arrived home last night with more medication that you find on an average size pharmacy shelf, some of which I will take, and some I won’t. I’ll book an appointment with my GP tomorrow so I can discuss my medication needs, and tell her what I will and will not take…That should be interesting!
Thanks Conradd for the heads up on Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing.…I already have been a regular watcher of the programme and I just love the banter and their attitude to life after heart surgery, I might even knock running on the head in favour of fishing…But let’s not be too hasty… :nerd_face:

14 Likes

Hey Bob I’ve not been online for a while and was sad to hear the news that you were in hospital, it was mentioned in a different thread but there were no details so I was very relieved when I came across this one.
Great to hear things are going to plan and you’re at home again. To most people I’d say keep your chin up but you have a very positive attitude and I think that’s going to pay dividends in your recovery. If you do start to feel down ( which is very common after having a gripper) please shout up because everybody here will rooting for you. Get well soon buddy.

5 Likes

Cheers Ralph. Something like this makes you realise which are the important things in life, and it’s the people who care about you, and the things that happen in your little corner of the world. Having the support of all my forum friends has certainly been a big help in getting me through this… :+1:

5 Likes

Hope your recovery continues well, Bob. Take care.

2 Likes

Good to know you had great care and are feeling better OGF! Looking forward to your thread on the reality of the NHS vs MSM political spin OGF :wink: x

2 Likes

Ive been looking after my sister again in Surrey and am now home after a 3 hr journey early this morning . I have been missing posts and didnt know . Im sorry to hear this Foxy but i now see your recovering well . What a shock for you and us all . Wishing you a speedy recovery . :pray:

2 Likes

Excellent news you are back home again Bob. Build yourself back up gradually, no more trying to beat time records, be content with what you are able to accomplish. :grinning:

It’s good to know you were treated well foodwise in hospital, full marks to the NHS for everything they do.

3 Likes

The best cure is always your own bed, your own family, and your own meals.

For now, take care of that heart muscle and enjoy the binge watching.

While the food and view were apparently good, I’d rather you next review come from a cruise ship!

Take care! :039:

2 Likes

Like myself, Bob had the benefit of the NHS. I did also and from from the same hospitably a few years earlier and with the same excellence results.

3 Likes

Glad you are home and on the road to recovery - now for once in your life listen to Mrs. Fox and take it easy

2 Likes

How did I miss this?
I’m shocked, but relieved you are ok
All the best x

3 Likes

welcome back to the land of threads and postings, good to see you

3 Likes

Sorry about the late reply.
Sorry to hear about heart attack.
Glad to hear your on your way back to recovery.
Take it easy, do what the doctors tell you and take care of yourself.

2 Likes

How are you feeling OGF? Please keep posting to make sure we know you’re doing ok.

2 Likes

Sorry Annie, came out of hospital and two days later developed a nasty head cold that’s made me feel crap and grumpy (more so than usual) so haven’t felt much like communication.
The good news is…After dosing myself up with hot lemon last night I felt a whole lot better this morning, and with the sun shining through the window coaxing me out, I walked a mile round the block. Only steady mind… :018:
And I’m not taking those statins…No Way!

3 Likes

Maybe have another think about taking up that fishing Foxy!
Maybe Mrs Fox will let you keep your box of maggots in the fridge?
Do keep the lid on tightly…I speak from experience! :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry about the bug but glad you are feeling better. Following on from Chilli’s post, I’m not sure Mrs Fox would be too happy about maggots in the fridge. They may accidentally end up in your sandwiches…

2 Likes

It may surprise you both to know that I was actually a keen angler in my younger day, but that was before anyone had a fridge, so I kept the maggots and lug worms on the cool shelf in the pantry… :astonished:
I used to cycle the ten miles or so to the river Torne where I fished for Perch, Roach and Pike. But I enjoyed the ten mile cycle ride more than the sitting on a riverbank so I decided to cut out the middle man and just go cycling… :biking_man:…It was easier without the ten foot Spanish reed rod sticking out of the front and a bag of worms on my back…

4 Likes

Plus your fingers don’t stink and you can eat your sandwich’s without having to worry :smiley:

3 Likes