Blue Moon coming

No sign of any moon here :frowning:

A friend and I are going up to maiden castle in Dorchester to sit quietly and just look tonight . Beautifully dark and quiet and to watch and wonder in awe of our beautiful world

Things are not looking good for the eclipse tonight, it has been overcast all day - no rain just cloud after the cool change went through.

I am a bit peeved but I will check at 11pm (four hours to go)

That’s a shame Bruce, I have a feeling it will be similar conditions in Yorkshire too :frowning:

I have lost count of the number of times I have stayed up or got up in the middle of the night to witness these events, only to see cloud or rain. I have been lucky a few times but mostly, it’s been a disappointment.

The forecast for the SW at the moment is cloud and rain. :cry:

Same here LD, if there is any chance of seeing it though I will go up on the tops to get a good view :slight_smile: I’ll take a pic :slight_smile:

You won’t see the eclipse because it’s not visible in the UK. Here it’s just a slightly larger full moon.

I heard today that this is the first time there has been an eclipse, and blue moon (and a blood moon) for 151 years!

Yes, it’s looking good at the moment

I have just popped outside for a quick howl with my fellow moon howlers…we really enjoy it brcause it frightens the local school kids

A clear sky here and the stars are twinkling … but no sign of a moon :frowning:

Look to the East

’Noooooooo, don’t go to the light Carol Ann’…

Found it … thanks Ron!:023: :smiley:

This is a super blue moon it’s really bright and big .

Think we’ve knackered it up in Yorkshire for the moon, blue or otherwise. Thunderstorms with rain and hail so everywhere pitch black and freezing. :frowning:

Same here clumsy. It’s beautiful.
About an hour ago it seemed to be sitting only just above the fence at the bottom of my garden.

Just been for my late walk with Chloe and the moon is beautiful :slight_smile:

The moon is looking beautiful at the moment, almost glowing…