Blue Moon coming

For those interested, on Wednesday 31st of this month, we have a Full Moon and it will be a Blue Moon, meaning it is the second full moon in one calendar month. I believe the last one was sometime in 2015.
There is also a Total Lunar Eclipse.

I hope it’s a nice clear night.

1 Like

I will look out for that Mups.
But do you fancy a slow dance with me under that Blue Moon?..:smiley:

Why not… see you at midnight. :lol:

I will look out for it Mups :slight_smile: I always look for the moon on my late walk :slight_smile:

That’s interesting Mups, I have never bothered to find out what a Blue Moon meant.

I have read that the January Blue Moon will be an “almost” supermoon and in other parts of the world will be red … :shock:

My photography club is planning a trip to Newcastle Quayside to plan an night time shoot as we have the large moon and high tide we should get some interesting reflection shots.

Is a supermoon when it appears at its biggest?

Thanks Mups, I’ll look out for that, I’ve marked it on my calendar :023:

Yes … 7% bigger than an average Full Moon - 16% brighter than an average Full Moon … :cool2:

Hope it is a clear sky then Nom and you get some good pictures…:cool:

That sounds good Nom.
Looking forward to the pics.

I will look out for that and hope it is a clear night.

Super blue blood moon 31st Jan

A rare treat on Wednesday night/Thursday morning for those able to see it. I’m not holding my breath as it will probably be raining here anyway.

Those of you in the U.S. should get a good view though and should witness the eclipse.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/next-uk-supermoon-2018-see-11918934

Please don’t be cloudy
Please don’t be cloudy…

I did read that Wales and parts of Cornwall should get a really good view - If it’s not raining. It’s times like this, I wish I lived somewhere like India.

I mentioned about this recerntly dongles, and there is also an eclipse at the same time.
I hope we can all see it alright.
Have a peek:

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=49606

I’m glad you reminded me though, I shall write it on my calender right now. :slight_smile:

Not only did you mention it Mups, I posted on it. :shock:

Apologies.

It matters not :lol: I confess I had forgotten, so good job you said. x

The two threads have now been swiftly combined. Thank you.