Besoeker with the vet today

Just Max…
Been a little eventful in the last couple of days. First was the stick incident. He likes sticks and yesterday he caught one in his upper jaw. We couldn’t get it out but our neighbour prised it out of his law - about two inches! He is very tolerant - not many people would want to stick their hands in those huge jaws.

And today we had an appointment with the vet to get his blood work drawn. Of course it has to be shaved . A nice bare area. And again he was just fine with that. In fact the vet comments comments on that every time.

7 Likes

Awww, poor Max. But if he knows people are helping him, he wouldn’t be mean. His poor wee leg. Get him some socks :laughing:

2 Likes

Aww lovely Max x What a soldier :two_hearts:
Lots of cuddles are on the agenda tonight

1 Like

Well done Max! He really is a lovely - and loving - and loved - dog!

1 Like

Shame poor baby! He must have been stressed

1 Like

Poor Max! He sounds such a lovely, trusting dog, bless him!

1 Like

Poor Max, hope he’s ok and very soon. You as his partner in crime must have been upset too. I adore the love and respect you two have for each other. Love to you both xxx

1 Like

Besoeker, PLEASE be careful with letting your Max have sticks.
They are notoriously dangerous for tearing dogs mouths and throats and i know you would be devastated if he was badly injured.

I knew of a dog not long ago that died because the owner threw a stick and as it bounced and turned over the dog grabbed the tip of it instead of holding the middle. It went straight down the dogs throat, broke off, and killed him.

I dont wish to upset or frighten you, but in this house sticks are a big No No.
I believe you can buy rubber imitation ones if you dont want to throw a large ball instead. (Small balls are equally dangerous for getting lodged in the airways.)

3 Likes

Thank you kindly for that. It started when he offered a stick a reward for a treat. Naturally, we will not do it again. He does have a basket full of toys in including that ball…

5 Likes

I didnt want to upset you Besoeker, but neither would I want to see Max injure himself through a preventable accident.

2 Likes

Lovely people here and what you have all said about Max. I know he is a gem but I would say that. But I also try to be a objective. He is is intelligent, Collies are known for that, and he is obedient. And lots of little things.
Thank you all.

5 Likes

Not at all upset - in fact I very much appreciate your positive take on this.

1 Like

Aw poor old Max :icon_neutral: I hope he is ok now…

I can’t echo enough what Mups has said, sticks can be lethal…

1 Like

How is max today Bes x

He is just fine, lovely LQ.
The vet visit is cautionary for his arthritis medication which is not altogether unusual for his breed.
The stick episode is done. “Leave it!” is all the instruction we gave…

2 Likes

Good to hear Max is OK!

On the piccy with the ball he’s looking at that ball like he’s thinking …

What the hell is that? Will it bite? Will it play with me?

It’s a hard plastic ball. He chases it all around the garden. It’s too big for him to chew it. I tried it once when we were out in a field but he was not interested - be wanted to chase squirrels and birds instead.

I hate to ask does he ever catch one?

Nah, it is mostly a game for him but he sometimes chases a pigeon.