Belly Dance for Exercise

This is a good place to start…fancy having a go. I have done Belly Dance at home for quite a few years and it started out by a neighbour of mine, actually lived next door to Hilary who was in the Tiller Girls in the 60’s at the London Palladium…The Belly Dance neighbour was a large woman, so honestly size does not matter…slow at first like all new exercise movements…

2 Likes

The link is bare DW as it takes me to the standard page to select something.

1 Like

I know what happened…
your eyes were on stalks…
so it tried to self destruct itself…

haha

2 Likes

Ah, links have bene restored. No stalks from me as I was used to my tiny wife dancing with chains, jewels and all the regalia, but since she now has internal metal work, no more displays from her.

3 Likes

OO00ooo … I’ve just found one young lady with a copious amount of lipids on display😉

2 Likes

I did say does not matter what size you are…
hey you spy… :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t tell my wife, but a wee summat to hold onto does look somewhat inviting :astonished::wink::grin:

2 Likes

Wow … for the lady with a double portion of rear.

2 Likes

This looks great…I love her laugh! I did Hula hoop for a while, but this looks more dignified :+1:

2 Likes

All good exercise, however, if the ‘outfit’ is compulsory I would look a little
silly as a male so I think I will give it a miss, thanks all the same!
:upside_down_face: :roll_eyes: :grinning: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Di, I’m so glad you enjoy something from my Eastern heritage! Yes, size does not matter for belly dancing. :grinning:

Belly dancing really does keep you flexible and supple! :wink:
It’s also great fun and it does not feel like exercising at all. :smiley:

I have set this has my goal ~ the butterfly since I have not tried it before - I think it’s just awesome! :026:

I’ve included below the two belly dance tunes that I’m currently practicing with as well just in case you’d like to try these tunes out!

3 Likes

It is certainly not boring like some exercise routines…I do wobble somewhat though haha…makes me laugh as well…jelly on the plate…do you know that song…?

2 Likes

No, I don’t. A bit of a WoBbLe is good, just don’t keel over!

I’m really so impressed Di!

:hugs:

2 Likes

Your 2nd tempo is better for moi…it graduates better…thanks for putting those up as well Minx…

2 Likes

It’s my pleasure. I’m excited to see you embracing my eastern dance culture!

:grinning:

Try this one, also a fav and slightly slower
Pardon the Godly references :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

you tried with the excuses Baz… :icon_rolleyes:

4 Likes

Another very good body trimming set up is the pole. Mrs LD used to regularly use her pole until she fell in her shower shattering her spine. She started with her first pole in the 70’s as a way of reducing/absorbing stretchmarks from 4 full term births. The one we have here down in our mini gym has not been used for over 2yrs and I doubt if it will be used again. I still clean the big mirror regularly though.

4 Likes

My son already thinks I’m crazy when I belly dance :joy: so I’m certain he’ll die laughing if I install a pole!

But, yes, pole dance is good for strength and contouring :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Go for it if want to. My wife was just turned 71 the last time she spun on hers . . it keeps upper body strength well toned.

4 Likes

Wow! Incredible LD :smiley:
I’ll consider it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes