Behold-The Golden Toilet

2 Likes

That’s one bad syrup the fella in the grey jacket is wearing…even by 70’s standards!!!

2 Likes

That reminded me of boarding school when new-intake boys during winter were sent in bare arsed to pre warm toilet seats before the established more senior lads used the ablutions. . . hot seat duties :wink::grin::+1:

2 Likes

Oh dear? Public school?

1 Like

What, may I ask, is wrong with my education?

1 Like

A superior cludgie !

1 Like

[quote=“LongDriver, post:5, topic:97451, full:true”]

What, may I ask, is wrong with my education?
[/quote]m

I’m sure the education was excellent.

Maybe not so much that sort of nasty, gross, physical, potentially sexual, bullying. Or the adolescent, all boys together, let’s pick on the weakest, all jolly good fun Bullingdon club philosophy

Reminds me of how Johnson and the public school chumocracy still behave in Parliament

And I went to a girls public school myself :frowning:

1 Like

I had to Google cludgie… bloody hell, considering I’m hoping to move to Glasgow by the end of the year I might need to brush up on some of the more essential slang!

1 Like

Maybe “bog roll” ?

1 Like

Izal?

1 Like

I remember that a long time ago. Bog roll is slang for toilet paper.

2 Likes

Indeed…I don’t think that there are many of us that have fond memories of Izal…a rather robust toilet tissue!

2 Likes

I don’t know, I was a very artsy child and it made excellent tracing paper!

2 Likes

Horrible stuff! Believe it or not it lasted until 2010.

Ah!
But did you fold a sheet over a steel comb and blow a merry tune?

2 Likes

Yes, we did, but I’d forgotten until you said! I remember dad teaching us and it worked best with his old metal comb :+1:

2 Likes

Someone has written in the comments:
Toupee or not to pee?

2 Likes

That did not apply to my seat of learning. I was always picked upon in state education establishments (the filthy stinking yid), but that all changed when, at 11yrs 5months I went to boarding school. Respect for each other was paramount and AFAIR everyone looked out for everyone else, especially the timid and hesitant types. That school brought the best in everyone, no matter who they were or where they came from including skin tone. Yes, discipline was very strict, but as soon as new intakes realised that excellent behaviour and respect for all was essential, the well honed machine ticked along well and without any abrupt intervention from staff. Absolutely no hint of any Bullingdon club philosophy during my years there.

3 Likes

But you said the new boys were used to warm toilet seats? That’s classic bullying and not showing respect?

No, it teaches the new intake to realise that in this life there is a pecking order everywhere they will venture. In a years time, they too would have experience pre warmed seats and it was not compulsory, just a suggestion to slot into boarding life. Or it was, as that school is now only for day pupils so everyone will experience cold seats :grin:

1 Like