Beginning a strange adventure

OK, so let’s begin by explaining my absence. I was in the process of selling my Townhouse. A process that went a lot quicker than I thought.
With that done (Mistake coming up) I invited my friends to come and take anything that was left. I had already put the belongings I wanted to keep in storage. I will never do this again, I have never seen such a pack of vultures over nothing.
So all that behind me I got my car serviced and hit the road.

This was the first leg of my journey. I the US highway 50 is called the loneliest highway.
Here’s why

You can literally stop your car get out take photos have a stretch and not worry about traffic at all. You must pay attention to the signage though. When it says next services 120 miles you had better check the gas gauge. What those signs literally mean it that there is nothing and I mean nothing for the next however many miles.
Early morning guests came by before I left camp.

Ok Second Leg

I am almost to where I will start spending a lot of time. What my friends across the pond might not understand is that Colorado, Utah and Nevada are all primarily desert states. Don’t get me wrong the desert can be a great place for photography, especially at night for star photography. I am atm just trying to get somewhere green. As you can see by my last map. I am almost there.
Look forward to seeing me update this when I get more photos

7 Likes

Excellent photography,Danny, where do you sleep ,being on the road?

Really looking forward to reading all of your updates,:+1::+1:

So exciting!!

2 Likes

I sleep in a sleeping bag on an air mat in the rear of my Jeep. I don’t know how Truck Stops work in the UK. The US is covered with stations that deal specifically Big Rig drivers. I can stop at any one of these and pay a small amount to take a shower.

3 Likes

Such freedom,Danny, are they reindeer, fantastic photos, look great framed.

I don’t think we have stations here, where we can take a shower for a small fee…what time is it there?

Ok, I officially hate laptops again, getting a real mouse for this thing. I couldn’t quote you, because I couldn’t get to select.
Answering your question that is a Bull and Cow Elk.

Have you bought a new place Danny?

1 Like

No part of the purpose of this tip is to take my time enjoy where I am, and ultimately find a place I love. Then yes, all the money from the sell of my Townhouse, won’t be touched until I find another place. :grinning:
I don’t want to get stuck somewhere I hate being. Denver was too big of a city and I am a country boy at heart. :grinning:

@pauline3 It’s currently 5:15am PST. :yawning_face: :yawning_face:

1 Like

What a journey you are on , im excited for you . Ive thought of doing the same , go back to my roots , but one thing stopping me . I dont drive !

2 Likes

@Eliza Neither can half the people on the road. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

True , I maybe get a horse and wagon instead …

2 Likes

With gas prices I’m sure you’ll have a lot of company before too long. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

@ Danny, thanks for sharing , best of luck in what you are doing.

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Something I would have loved to have done it sounds great. What an adventure

1 Like

@Danny
Wow!
This sounds like a wonderful adventure - the kind I’ve often dreamt of but I never had the courage to just sell up and go.

I am looking forward to you keeping us updated on your journey - and to seeing more of your fabulous photographs.

Thanks for sharing your exciting adventure with us.

2 Likes

Very intersting post @Danny . Thanks. :+1: I had to use Google maps to understand that your going eastward having started in Denver and don’t know yet where your journey will end.
Only saw those empty roads in the Middle East where you’d have to take the same precautions.
How do you get hooked up with the internet in those lonely areas?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your journey Danny.

1 Like

Wherever you’re going Danny, good luck, and I hope you enjoy every minute of your journey - and beware of any strange ladies hitching a lift. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I wish you a safe and adventurous journey, Danny. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Looking forward to your photos…

1 Like