Beggars outside shops

That’s true Gumbud, and that’s why I would never give an apparently homeless person money. I have been know to buy them food or a hot drink. I don’t really care if they are not what they seem, a sandwich and cup of tea or coffee would be welcomed on a cold day by anyone. I would even treat you to a sandwich and a hot drink Gummy if we met in the future…
:innocent:
My generosity knows no bounds…
:sunglasses:

yes you are known as a boundful fellow but remember my advise don’t bound too much when you head says push harder listen to ya balls!!

1 Like

Mine does when they are taking the p out of me. I’d rather my hard earned money go to someone who really needs it. He’s idle and won’t work so scams people, thats not right in my eyes, scammers are not nice people so why would I give a sandwich and tea to someone who thinks it’s ok to pray on the kind hearted.

2 Likes

It’s not going to break the bank Lion Queen, and everyone has a story to tell, and besides. It makes me feel better about myself…
I think, what would Jesus do…
and I don’t think he would discriminate…

I read once that if you genuinely want to help the homeless, the best way is to donate to the charities that deal with them who will make sure that your money actually goes to improve their lives in some way, as opposed to giving money directly to them, where you could be scammed or the money used for drink/drugs/other criminal activity.

1 Like

We bought him bacon sarnies and coffee every saturday for weeks until we found out he was a fraud.

Might not have broken my bank but are you saying it’s ok to fraud people Foxy and take advantage of peoples kindness?

The only story he has to tell is that he’s a lazy, dole cheat so and so. I can’t feel sorry for people like that, he was never there when it was raining or bad weather, funny that, must have been tucked up in his warm little flat.

Wise advice this is what I do .

well you do have a choice ‘to buy or not to buy’ it is a democracy you live in - yes I wonder what Jesus would say - he did give advice out to a few during his ministry - maybe " stand up oh beggar and go and find some suitable employment - working is good for the soul"??

That’s fair enough Graham, but the joy and satisfaction for me is when I see their little unshaven faces and bloodshot eyes light up when I present them with a hot steaming mug of Yorkshire tea, and a Greggs finest…

Of course I’m not saying that Lion Queen, but while I’m nonchalantly strolling down the street, I don’t have the means or the inclination to verify the beggars CV, same as you didn’t, so for that one time I might get suckered but rarely twice…

Wouldn’t he have been a little hypocritical Gumbud, I may be wrong…But wasn’t he unemployed at the time?

who JC no never unemployed as soon as he hit that crib he was up and running! Had the three wise men workin for him heh?

1 Like

Reading about those beggars with homes and on benefits has reminded me of a very old (well to my teenage eyes at the time) very scruffy looking and smelly woman that sat on an old orange box outside the entrance to Bilston market not far from where I used to live with my parents. This lady always worn the same old raggy cloths and coat with a card pinned in her lapel begging for money. She was always there on a market day, come rain or shine wearing the same old rags.

Forward a few years on and I’ve got married and left home but still living about 5 - 6 miles away from Bilston. I read a report in the local evening newspaper that this old lady had died and her will had been probated. IIRC, she had left something in the region of £500k to various charities. :man_shrugging:

We have them at intersections, at the entrance to shopping center parking. At least they get honest and creative with their signs.
images
Homeless

This guy was really creative and smart.

Be even smarter if he moved all the money to the box marked Men and just a little change in the one marked Women. LOL

then ya could really work out who where the smart women!

We don’t see too many around here but most small towns have Romanian Big Issue sellers. One of them is a woman who is a pest because she blocks the pavement and is very “in your face”. They are not supposed to do that.

When I was a volunteer in a charity shop the male Big Issue seller used to come in when we were busy and try on clothes and steal new stuff and leave all his old tat behind!

1 Like

What an absolute liberty taker! Perhaps a visit from plod might have changed his/her ways.

1 Like

heh guys didn’t all the towns in 15 century England have beggars everywhere - it was part of the rich fabric of English life - ya just goin around in circles - now there musts be a way to cash in on that ?? put a few gallows up ; dunking chairs and a pond?

Now you know why I don’t want to delve back into my family history Gumbud…I might not like what I find…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

ah comin OGF ya haven’t taken beggin up again have ya - and you’ve been tellin ya missus that ya running everyday?

1 Like