Beefing up NATO

I have just been out in the garden and have been seeing several low flying aircraft go over .
I live fairly close ( as the plane flies ) to both Brize Norton and Fairford and these planes look the business. I recognised one as a C130 Hercules , one possible osprey - a sort of cross between a plane and a helicopter and what I think was an F 15 ( not sure about that one )
There are four B52 bombers based at Fairford .
It’s looks as if they are moving to beef up the NATO defences with air support .

Should be a good show this year then.

It’s always a good show but it’s horrendously expensive ,tickets are about £66 or thereabouts .
I can watch the planes form my garden .

I miss going to our local air show that used to be at elvington, not too far away, I’d love to go to one of the big ones but it would mean an overnight stay…

Be parking up around Aldsworth, and travelling to the perimeter on two wheels, FOC.

I miss seeing the last Vulcan XH558 flying at air shows, so I hope a restoration flying fund can succeed and it can fly again. It would have been fitting had it been able to take part in the Platinum Jubilee Fly Past.

1 Like

We regularly get the Apache attack helicopters flying over the meadows, I think they are based at RAF Lakenheath and do exercises every so often.

I wouldn’t mess with one of those…

There is one at Duxford and it flies every so often at airshows. We are quite lucky because we regularly get the Hurricanes, Spitfires etc flying over our house because Duxford is only about 40 miles away and they have to avoid Stansted so come over our way instead.

We also get to watch the Clacton airshow for free from our beach hut.

1 Like

Back to the OP —. NATO has become part of the problem since the collapse of the USSR. Now it has become of real value to America only in its military adventures in other countries. We would be much better to resign from NATO, not to be part of its expansion.

@Muddy , Well theres a business opportunity for you there Muddy !!
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::grin::+1:

What deckchairs in my garden :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Some interesting facts in here.

Who in Nato funds Putins war ? Here they are

:joy: you remind me so much of Steve Bray.

1 Like

We’re lucky to have one near us at the Avro museum at Woodford. It’s wonderful to be able to walk right up to it and have a good look round. I seem to remember that they also have a mock-up (or it might be a real one) of the flight deck attached to the museum building and which you can enter and sit in the seats (as part of a conducted tour).

1 Like

Beautiful aircraft - the stealth bomber of its day.

2 Likes

It is indeed. From the days when we led the world in aircraft design.

Have you seen that documentary: ‘Falklands’ Most Daring Raid’? It describes the events leading up to the Vulcan bombing of Stanley Airfield - the longest ever bombing mission in the world and the alterations being made to the Vulcan in order to extend its range. Well worth watching.

1 Like

er?? scusy scusy?? - this for Nato? - air shows?? - flying model planes?? wot??

I have seen it and also have a DVD of the complete docu. I remember the whole lead up to and during the conflict. I was at Windsor and I am convinced it was Reagan’s visit there and the close very convivial conversations that swung his support with our defence of the islands. He rode Centennial alongside Liz on Burmese and made it obvious how much he enjoyed the company. I will also add that we as a nation against all the odds did exceeding well by evicting the invaders​:ok_hand::+1: :uk:

Is everyone happy that Boris is sending so much money to bolster up a foreign war when there are so many problems here in the UK…?

£1 billion would keep the NHS going for about 3 days.

Think of it that way.

1 Like