Bargain Hunt Can Can

:023:

Bargain Hunt, I can’t stand Pointless, it’s just, well, it’s just, pointless :mrgreen:

I agree. I’ll just repeat that ‘I agree’ :-p

I like Pointless.
Good luck with your application, let us know when you are doing BH if you get chosen. I guess you have to go through an application system. Is it in your area?

Don’t mention anything to the reds. :-p

I don’t even know Tiff I just filled in the online form to apply.

Good luck anyway.

Winning is easy. Just find an item for £300 and offer the dealer £4.50 for it. Everyone’s happy. :mrgreen:

When they make a big loss on an expensive item, I sometimes wonder if the bloke who sold it to them is in the auction and buys it back for a lot less than he sold it for…:cool:

I also wonder if the programme sometimes puts up the remainder?

Some of it is fixed, we met people selling who said it was.

Now why doesn’t that surprise me? Price of an object listed at £100 sold to contestants for ±£30? Gotta be a fix there somewhere, even if it’s the directors slipping the stall holder a few extra quid off camera.

Not quite that much, but yes a discount more than a normal buyer would get on items in Bargain Hunt. Same with the Antiques Road Show I guess, now they, in most cases get a hefty discount on items, but the sellers know the profit the expert could get will go to charity. Normal buyers could never do that, though I have tried.:lol::lol:

Don’t you mean the Antiques Road TRIP, Tiff?

We’ve often said we wouldn’t have been able to get the sort of discount the contestants get on that programme.

Just enlist the help of someone with a camera to film you as you go round buying stuff. Tell them you are doing a programme on antiques and I bet some of them will knock you a few quid off Percy…:smiley:

especially if I flutter my spider leg eyelashes at the seller, well, thats if the seller is a man :mrgreen:

Yes I did, sorry about that. I have had a good discount on some items I’ve bought.:slight_smile:

Whichever way you look at it, it’s our licence fee they’re playing with on these shows.
We should get discounts in antique shops or a free gavel after 20 years of paying it!

They were filming Bargain Hunt when we were at Westpoint Exeter. We were there longer than one hour and they were still filming when we left.

Theres a lot of stop start in any TV show.

This was an old one at Newark…