Baby squirrels on my window ledge!

Lol these squirrels are spoiled. :wink:

I just want to help them live to be adults so they can look after themselves. They must be close to 12 weeks old now, so I am just fattening them before it gets too cold to search for food.

Gosh, they sound like they will be friends for life, Twink! Asparagus isn’t something you get on the average tree! :smiley:

Thay are not getting cashew nuts anymore, apparently it reduces their calcium levels. Their current 5 a day are asparagus, broccoli, peanuts, apples & walnuts!

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know that about their calcium levels
how strange. A nut is a nut I would have thought? But they have a great diet by the sounds of it, Twink - they’ll be the healthiest squirrels ever!

Yep. They’ll be chomping their way through those rafters in your loft in no time, at which point you’ll be into feeding them other stuff.

For those who may be interested, my baby squirrels now look like adults, but they still come every day for food.
They are so naughty because they push each other off the windowsill so they can get the most food. They can now climb big trees so are able to look for their own food, but it seems that walnuts are now their favourite meal 
thank heaven Aldi always stock them!
I have been feeding them for 7 weeks now, so I think they will survive! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll dig out my old air rifle from the loft.

Rather you than me!

2 Likes

I sneer in the face of danger.

1 Like

Well done Twink! That’s amazing! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you. They are so cheeky that they sit on the windowsill eating the nuts whilst one of my cats sits at the other side of the window watching them. There is only about 2 inches between them, but the glass keeps them safe. :smiley:
They don’t seem to be afraid even when I put my finger on the window, so I am now shutting my indoor shutters because I don’t want them to get tame 
as there will always be somebody who may harm them if they do. :worried:

1 Like

Good thinking Twink. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know they are classed as vermin by many but I love grey squirrels (unless they are burying acorns in my tubs of primroses)
When I went down the lane last week there were 3 little squirrels in the lane, Pippin the puppy couldn’t believe her eyes and literally sat watching them with her mouth open :grin:

There are lots of trees in my garden, so I have had squirrels here for many years. They are about 17 weeks old now, so able to find their own food & I need to reduce what I give them, so they won’t go hungry when I move.
They are now bigger than they are on the photos, but they still come every day for their walnuts! :rofl:

1 Like

We had them in Scotland:

2 Likes

I vaguely remember seeing red squirrels in the vicinity of Richmond Park, Sheen Common I think although I’m going back to the mid 60’s.
Incidentally, around about that time I was a fully paid up member of The Tufty Club.
I never, ever got run over
 thank you Tufty!

1 Like

Last time I was in Richmond Park (cycling round it for some reason about a decade ago), I saw a load of parrots in the trees. These are apparently from escaped pets which have managed to breed and grow in population.

Slight digression, but hey ho, who cares eh? :wink::yum:

1 Like

Well at least you didn’t post about the wild feral budgies of Kingston upon Thames :wink:

1 Like

Nor the Kamikaze Cockatoos of Cockfosters.

1 Like