Astroworld in Houston, TX Concert

Jesus. Lockdown goes away and chaos ensues. This is totally was insane. Even the performers tried to get people to settle down. Whole event was a disaster. :weary: :weary: :weary:

2 Likes

I was just reading about it a moment agoā€¦its horrific! :cry:

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe someone went around injecting people. Thatā€™s scary as sh__. They said the officer injected had to be given NARCAN. Wonā€™t be going to a concert anytime soon!

2 Likes

It seems to be a new type of horror unfoldingā€¦are these events covered with CCTV at all? Is there any chance of them being caught? Who does that though? Its so scary :frowning: Never mind going to concerts, it can happen in any crowded placeā€¦

2 Likes

CCTV they do have a lot of it because it is an amusement park and usually filled with children. Problem is you had About 50,000 people were at the sold-out Astroworld Festival at NRG Park
Unfortunately with that many people crowded together Iā€™m not sure CCTV would assist much, plus I donā€™t know how well that part of the park was covered.

2 Likes

Yeah I suppose its a big ask really. Gosh it really makes you lose faith in humankind thoughā€¦its almost like you have to be always on guard and watchful. I still canā€™t get my head around the injecting thoughā€¦who even thinks of that?

2 Likes

@PixieKnuckles who even thinks of thatā€¦ scum

2 Likes

https://www.khou.com/article/news/investigations/khou-11-investigates-astroworld-festival-safety/285-bb998b0f-dd65-4814-8a12-5f2471517b44

I Watched it on the News last nightā€¦The crowd came in like bulls in a china shop , security must have been badly organised for people to be actually pushing and shoving to get into the Parkā€¦Then the rest is now History as the horrors have unfolded.
(Danny access is denied for your link aboveā€¦)

1 Like

@DianneWoollie

KHOU 11 Investigates: Was enough done to keep concertgoers safe at Astroworld Festival?

A national crowd safety expert says the problem begins with the layout of the festival itself. He says the standing-room-only layout is by far the most dangerous. HOUSTON ā€” A nationally-recognized crowd safety expert said analyzing what went wrong at the Astroworld Festival begins with the layout of the concert itself. Unlike arena concerts with reserved seating and permanent aisles, a festival-style, standing-room-only setup is the most dangerous.

ā€œFrom Elvis Presley on, everybody has known this is problematic," said Paul Wertheimer, founder of Crowd Management Strategies.

ā€œIt forces people in the crowd to work against each other,ā€ he said. ā€œThis is the worst thing that can happen in crowd safety.ā€

RELATED: Astroworld Festival security guard said he was ā€˜prickedā€™ in neck, injected before passing out, Houston police chief says

RELATED: ā€˜Drowning in peopleā€™ | ICU nurse describes passing out in crowd surge at Astroworld Festival, then helping others

The Los Angeles-based Wertheimer has provided crowd safety guidance for more than 30 years. He said festival-style configurations require special precautions to reduce crowd density and ensure first responders have clear pathways to treat anyone needing medical attention.

Those details should be listed in the concert promoterā€™s special event permit application. The City of Houston Mayorā€™s Office of Special Events requires permit seekers to file a security control plan and an emergency medical plan.

"Who approved the risk assessment, the crowd management plan, and the emergency plan ā€¦ who prepared those? I want to see that,ā€ Wertheimer said. ā€œAnd then youā€™re going to find out where everything went wrong.ā€PeƱa said inspectors were out earlier this week checking out the stage, tents and all entrances and exits. He said there were no reports of any exit doors blocked at the Friday night concert.

The problem was so many in attendance, especially those tightly packed near the stage simply couldnā€™t get to those exists.

Youth here has been experiencing getting jabbed in nightclubs etc, so the needles are spreading :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Women in UK Say They Are Being Spiked by Needle Injections at Nightclubs (insider.com)

2 Likes

Thanks for this LDā€¦I tried to find something similar but it was only about drinks being spiked. (Thatā€™s bad enough, mind you) I knew I had read something about actual injections somewhere.

2 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to do to each other. This is definitely not the world I grew up in. :weary: :weary:

A local club to me had nearly all the girls boycotting it in a protest and Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s still being boycotted. Iā€™ll ask my nearest granddaughter later.

2 Likes

How can you prevent it though? Stop and search everyone? Scan them for stuff? Its a mad society we are living in now, and its horrifyingly scaryā€¦

2 Likes

Completely agree.

1 Like

We were watching zombie apocalyptical movies and television shows. While all the time we have a apocalyptical attack of assholes(canā€™t call them anything else). :weary: :weary:

2 Likes

It is apparent that young males (to me that is lol) seem bent on plying young ladies with strong drink fully intent on getting into their knickers. What happened to sheer charm and actually courting for a few weeks first? I really donā€™t like modern society!

2 Likes

yet years ago in Glasgow kids yes kids used to go round slashing random people bad yes however they put a coin between blades so when it was sewn/stiched back together left a huge scar so its defo always been there however reporting of it is different now

2 Likes

I canā€™t understand drugging a woman to have your way. Sheā€™d be unconscious, seems a bit like necrophily. Back in my day as a young man we had to rely on charm and personality. Guess those things are outdated. Pretty soon weā€™ll be back to clubbing them over the head and dragging them back to our place. WTF. Seriously!!!

2 Likes