Aren't you glad now that we left the EU?

If that had been in the Telegraph I might have believed it.

Thatā€™s something that I have not seen based on such things as letters to editors et al. In fact just the opposite. From what Iā€™ve seen the green agenda is thoroughly hated and despised.

Point to one thing in that article that you donā€™t believe seeing itā€™s only reporting on the EU Commissionā€™s own figures. I canā€™t get access to The Telegraph, so havenā€™t a clue whether theyā€™re reporting on it or not.

On Friday, the EU Commission released a new report on the blocā€™s trade statistics, which revealed that in the first five months of this year, Britainā€™s exports to the EU soared by 58.8 percent, compared to the previous Jan-May period last year. The Eurostat figures revealed that in May alone, the EU recorded a ā‚¬35billion (Ā£29.8billion) trade deficit, while the UKā€™s exports to the bloc were up by 69.9 percent.

Download ā€˜UK Newsā€™ on to your smart phone.
You can view a large number of newspapers, including the Telegraph, for free.
You may not comment without paying, but you can read the articles and the readersā€™ comments.

I knew you were going to say that as youā€™ve said it to me before on another site and Iā€™ve told you, Iā€™m not as rich as you I havenā€™t got a smart phone. Iā€™ve got a Nokia that I pay Ā£5 a month for with free calls and texts and thatā€™s all. Donā€™t assume all people have the money to afford such luxuries.

So download it onto whatever you use to access the 'net.

Hi

Of Course our exports increased year on year.

It is called coming out of lockdown.

1 Like

@wendeey

I have heard that some folk use this site to copy and paste links they really want to read if itā€™s behind a paywall.
It is not an App so no Smartphone needed.

Rumour has it that it works quite well for The Telegraph -
I donā€™t think it always works so well for The Times or the FT - not that I would use such a facility to cheat the paywalls, of course!
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I tried that about a year ago when JBR first told me about it, but I couldnā€™t get it on my laptop as he said at the time think itā€™s only for smartphones. Iā€™m using a laptop. So if anybody knows anything different regarding that site, Iā€™d appreciate them telling me.

:hugs: Boot. I managed to get the site to come up. Not ideal because got great big stars all over the place and difficult to follow, but itā€™s a lot better than nothing at all. And Iā€™ll enjoy reading the letters page.

So thanks for that, much appreciated.

Sorry Wendy. I hadnā€™t remembered telling you that.
It doesnā€™t need to be a fancy smart phone and you donā€™t need a contract either. If you have internet access via a router, which I assume you to to use OFC, you can do that with the smart phone. Itā€™s what I do, because Iā€™m poor too!

I agree. I donā€™t use the Times using the app because Iā€™d have to pay for it. The Telegraph, however, works without paying though, as I said, I canā€™t write comments without paying.

I havenā€™t got a blooming smartphone!!! All I can do on mine is make calls and text.

Sorry Wendy. I know you havenā€™t. I was just trying to help. Sorry.

I was told once to turn off javascript in my browser to enable you to bypass paywalls, but couldnā€™t find out how to turn it off.

I have never seen big stars on the page when Iā€™ve used 12io - I just copy and paste the link to the article I want to read into the box in the middle of the 12io page and the whole article is displayed.

In fact, Iā€™ve become so used to using it that I forgot The Telegraph allow you to read 20 articles a month for free - I had it in my head it was fewer than that.

Anyway, Good Luck with it

To get back to topic, Iā€™ll add a recent Telegraph link to an article about Rishi Sunak promising a ā€œbonfireā€ of EU laws to try to woo the Brexiteer Tory membership vote.
:fire::flushed:šŸ«£ :man_firefighter:

Boot, I used ā€˜12ft.ioā€™ to get access to The Telegraph the first time. Iā€™ve just tried it on the article youā€™ve put the link to and it works for that too, but I have to scroll past a load of stars, q, etc. before getting to the actual article. I used to be able to get a certain amount of articles free a month and read the comments, which was my favourite bit. I used to read it daily, but over two years ago it stopped me doing that and it now says I have to pay to get access.

when itā€™s paid outstanding debts owed?

outstanding brexit debt

Thatā€™s just a touch over three years to recoup the 250million pounds a week that Britain was paying the EU (Boris claimed it was 350 mill but less mendacious pollies said 250million)

Ya gotta spend money to make money.