Aren't you glad now that we left the EU?

I like blue .

Indeed. My favourite colour too.

@ Bruce, That must have been some time ago then Brucy,?
The whole point of,( according to the EU,) owning an EU passport was to
give people the right to free access ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

But this is going on, our imports from the EU have been in decline for years now and we have tentative agreements already in place with other countries, but now will be signed off under a different PM to get the praise for unless Labour gets in and does all sorts of under the radar deals to get us closer to the EU.

Yes, and Iā€™m glad to hear it.
The fact the Micron is trying to be nice to us (for a change) and entice us to create deals with him and the EU would seem to demonstrate that in sourcing our needs from non-EU countries seems to be working.
If the EU dictators really want us to join them again, in my opinion they should take the necessary steps: revert the EU to the EEC and remove any and all political control of their member states.
A free-trade organisation would benefit us all, but trying to impose their own laws (and politics) on us is only going to drive us further away - assuming we get a strong PM like Thatcher!

It was within the last decade and certainly when Britain was in the EU, I donā€™t know what checks were done for the mob of EU residents but they stamped my passport and gave me a three month visa after asking the purpose of my visit (exactly the same as when I arrived at Manchester Airport)

@Bruce , Just shows how crap the EU really was then eh ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Indeed. It seems that Germany has been dubbed the ā€œsick man of Europeā€

This next link gives a table of economic growth since Brexit. Interesting reading for Brexiteers and Remoaners alike methinks.

2 Likes

If you say so Assman, however as it was no different to any other border as far as I am concerned so I donā€™t know how you made that assumption. Perhaps you donā€™t travel much?

Werenā€™t you the one complaining that ā€œWe need to take charge of our bordersā€ but apparently object to the EU doing just that.

eeeeeek:

No I am not, I know the Score and the infinite Scores, just waitin now.

1 Like

And unopposed illegal immigration, notably from France.

Indeed. Germany is not just the sick man but the dead man and not to be reckoned with. Cruel times ahead for the population. The economy going bust. People also freezing in their homes. Spiralling inflation, astronomical food and energy prices. Forget about and prepare for a Europe after Germany.

1 Like

@Dachs, l hope that last statement of yours is not just wishful thinking
on your part Dachs ??
If Germany drops Europe then
who will pick up the bill ??
Do you see the French doing it ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
However it was interesting to read your post as it gives us an idea what is
going on elsewhere from the point of view of a resident??
I see the euro is now lower than the dollar ! Surely that is good for exports ??
So not all bad ??
Donkeyman? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Germany is suffering, as I understand it, at least partially through the lack of Russian gas.
The solution is easy: burn more coal (I believe that German coal is largely lignite rather than bituminous coal, but that is still perfectly usable).
We, too, should burn some of the millions of tons of coal we are still sitting on, and sod the Greenies.

I think Micron would be very happy to be the top dog in the EU, but heā€™d soon begin to realise that heā€™d have to pay the poorer countries to remain in or theyā€™d be off.
The end of the political EU would be, in my opinion, a great step forward for everyone.
Back to the non-political EEC for me, or we stay out. We are already beginning to leave Brussels behind.

2 Likes

Fortunately, the consensus of public opinion is more inclined towards sod you, JBR. :slightly_smiling_face:

Like you, I donā€™t really give a toss what public opinion says about me!

1 Like

I know. I found that after having a certain amount of sod yous thrown at you, you stop being quite so sensitive to them. :slightly_smiling_face: