Are Your Food Cupboards/Fridge Safe From Being Raided?

My Daughter thinks mine are for her benefit. :grinning: She hasn’t lived at home for some years, but is often here. She takes my milk, my biscuits, my chocolate, in fact anything she needs, right in front of me. Just now on her way back to work she had milk & a bottle of water, then took a cereal biscuit too, in case she was thirsty/hungry at work. :grinning: She is a terror. :grinning:
Do your kids do the same or wouldn’t they dare?

2 Likes

My son does that when he stays with me, when I go to stay with him, he also makes sure there is nothing in the fridge, so I end up buying the food, I sometimes wonder why he gives me an allowance each month.:open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

My fridge etc contains nothing that they like except my beer and I always keep plenty of that so I don’t mind them taking the odd stubbie.

Actually they so often buy me a slab of beer that I would feel guilty if they didn’t take some.

2 Likes

I know how you feel. He must wait for your visits. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

You are lucky then. To be fair if nagged enough my daughter does replace what she takes, usually anyway, at present she owes me two-two pints of milk, she took one yesterday too, a cereal biscuit box & a packet of crisps. :grinning:

unnecessary pilfering in my view ; disrespectful - lets call it for what it really is?

You are a black and white kind of guy are you, gumbud?

keyboard at the ready! my kids always ask first and have never been refused - sign of respect I would have thought?

2 Likes

Not all relationships between parents and kids are like yours, and that does not necessarily mean there is a lack of respect. Some parents want their kids to behave as if they are completely at home when they visit, others might not have such an easy going relationship with them. And yes, people’s kids quite often take advantage if they know they will get away with it, but that’s the way of the World. :102:

3 Likes

I have the opposite problem when my sister stays here! She will say things like " Oh I really fancy something sweet" when she knows there are cream cakes in the fridge.
I reply " Well get off your bum and get a cake out of the fridge, or do you want me to bring it to you on a silver platter?" :laughing:

2 Likes

Obviously to feed him LOL

3 Likes

No not really, she is still my daughter & we have a brilliant relationship.

Exactly that, I like to complain, but if I really didn’t like it I’d ban her. She is a lovely person & I’m so very glad I made her, this thread was meant to be tongue in cheek, her cheek. :grinning:

1 Like

I really do want my 4 to see my home as their home. (as it once was, and will be again, in the future)

They know that I have, covertly, stacked the fridge with chocolate & drinks since they were toddlers.

It’s bribery, but it works.

They should feel at home (some are in their 60s!)

3 Likes

A little tale from a long time ago.
I was having a bar of white chocolate. My son, who was about four it the time, asked for a piece.Well, I just gave him the rest of it. What happened next was priceless. He broke it into three pieces - one for himself and one each for his two sisters.

6 Likes

That is lovely, Besoeker.

1 Like

I hope he never changed from being such a kind caring brother. Maybe he was just well brought up! :smiley:

2 Likes

Exactly that, I like to complain, but if I really didn’t like it I’d ban her. She is a lovely person & I’m so very glad I made her, this thread was meant to be tongue in cheek, her cheek. :grinning:
[/quote]

That’s precisely how I read your post, Tiffany. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have always been the mother that has allowed her children to take whatever they want if they want it… but it’s never worked, they still ask politely if they can have the thing they want.
I go mad and say, ‘This is your home, you can take whatever you want, you don’t need to ask’!

It’s made no difference, they still say … Please can l…

2 Likes

Perfect result, Art!

:family_man_woman_girl_boy:

3 Likes

He is a gem. His sisters too.

2 Likes