Are Your Food Cupboards/Fridge Safe From Being Raided?

I know we were good Parents overall…even when the oldest turned up on our doorstep,with his new northern Girlfriend, from a quite recent Holiday romance in Salou Spain… and said to my Husband,…Hello Grandad…
after closing our mouths she was invited in and stayed a whole year until the Council rehoused them…
Fridge was never ever raided as far as I can remember. My Twin Son could eat a whole packet of ,but they all had there own little treats that could be seen as theirs to have when they wanted. I would have a nibble of theirs though occasionally. oh bad mum then…
They seemed good with manners which is important…never very much trouble…certainly a phew scrapes. … just the oldest turned out to a real user…shocked, but life with some is not what it seems…
I speak with my Twins…My Twin Son is very forgetful…lives in the clouds…no idea how he became a Bus Driver…but he always tell us how much he misses us and Loves us so much…nice aye

3 Likes

In answer to the thread title, yes. Neither of us are “grazers”.

1 Like

@Tiffany No raiding here, its far more formal like a recent request for '8 jars of you spiced red cabbage please the childen love it and you didn’t make enough last time’’ and ‘‘Any chance of some of your curry enough tor 7 please’’ :smiley:

2 Likes

My daughter lives on her own having moved out two years ago already. She always asks permission before opening the fridge and I usually get upset with her because it’s her home too! She’ll always be my little buttercup to me.

Usually, she just misses my cooking so she’s always going home with some food and she also helps herself to my clothes - even now! She has always helped herself to my clothes though. Some of which were brand new! She’s adorable!! My princess!

This is a lovely thread Tiffany

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good to read you aren’t Percy. :grinning:

As I don’t make anything like that, nor does my daughter like that sort of thing, if I did make it, mine would be safe. :grinning:

Thank you, Minx.

My daughter would not be seen dead in any of my clothes, so those are safe. :grinning:

3 Likes

I suppose that I still think of my house as my children’s too. I am guilty of conditions my son (23) to help himself now and forward since I am the one filling a cooler and a sack of food for him on his way out the door. If he is about to take the “last one” of something he usually asks permission, and I can understand why you would like that courtesy, Tiff.

When my son enters the house, he doesn’t knock either, but I am sure that announcement has more to do with avoiding risk of searing his eyeballs from seeing something he might regret :fearful: :scream: :face_vomiting: :flushed: than transitioning into the concept of the house being more mine than his.

I’m like Tedc in confessing bribery in the form of a full fridge of favs :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

I really don’t expect it, Surfermom, I think it’s her house too. My thread was a bit of fun, hence all the smilies on my OP.

BTW She has returned both the milks she owed. :grinning: On her way from work.

1 Like

Awwwww! :hugs:

1 Like

My two grand kids, nine and thirteen, stay here for a few days or a week. They always ask - and politely - for anything from the fridge or anything else for that matter.

2 Likes

Your OP post made me chuckle Tiff :grinning:

Nope, my food cupboards and fridge/freezer are perfectly safe from being raided. What’s in there is all mine!
She rarely drops in as she lives away away, and if she does drop in, she wouldn’t do it anyway. She’d surreptitiously check out the fridge/freezer to see if there was proper food in it - see if I was eating properly. :fearful:

1 Like

I used to check my late Mother’s fridge/cupboards for out of date food, any got binned before she noticed. :grinning:
My late M-I-L had so many out of date tins in her larder when she died, some were years old too. We threw them away.

I remember some time ago (can’t remember if it was months or years ago though!) I either read something or watched something about out of date tinned foods. I mean years and years out of date.
I vaguely remember them saying they would be edible (ie wouldn’t make one ill) but they wouldn’t be very nice.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Some of my late M-I-L’s were blown & rusty, guess she never ate the older foods just put new ones in front. It was a bigish larder. like a walk in cupboard. Old people did tend to stock pile food during the war, they were probably there that long. :grinning:

Like they do in supermarkets :wink:

Oh, those lovely walk in larders, I remember those… I can see my grandma’s as I type. All painted white with white shelves and cool inside.

Oops, off topic… I’ll be getting a warning (runs off in terror)…

:grinning: :rofl:

3 Likes

As it’s my thread I don’t mind you going off topic, it’s related anyway. :grinning:

My parents house in Folkestone had a larder like that with one marble shelf for milk and dairy.

1 Like

That’s good to know , Tiff :smiley:. I would be a shame if I had to take her out dairy cow shopping to make up for the raid. I’m not very good at coaxing cattle into the back seat of the car anyway. You two sound like you’ve got it good between you. :hearts:

1 Like