Are you Winter, Spring, Summer or Autumn?

I am a man for ALL seasons :ok_hand::+1::couple_with_heart_woman_man:

But itā€™s not like we would refuse to acknowledge it if the weather happened to be spring-like on the 1st of the month.

1 Like

Spring and Summer for me. I donā€™t like Autumn at all, with all that mellow, moist, Last Rose of Summer vibe, I think itā€™s sad and makes me think of death :coffin:

Halloween and bonfire night and the carnival we have here lighten the gloom, though

December is OK with the lead up to Christmas and Yule

And I like the symbolism of a New Year, so January and February I spend getting ready for Spring :grinning::bouquet:

You lot have no soul :grinning:

The seasons are governed by the solstices and the stars and the rhythms of the Universe not by some man made first of the month rule!

3 Likes

I suspect you are more than capable of refusing to acknowledge most things! But itā€™s so good to see you back! :+1:

1 Like

I hate the cold of Winter, I always look forward to Spring and the earth waking up and coming to life again. But I love the long warm summers, it hardly gets dark at all here then. Autumn colours are lovely and itā€™s still mostly warm, but I do start to feel sad again as I know Winterā€™s not far away.
If I have to choose just one then itā€™s Summer.

1 Like

No they arenā€™t, they are purely a human construct. Why are there only four? or even two (wet and dry) the Aboriginals for example have 10 seasons (or so I read). They definitely have nothing to do with the stars (except our star) or rhythms of the Universe

They are just arbitrary designations that humans have supplied for their convenience, the first of the month is as good a date as any for the change of a season.

But the 21st is more arbitrary, which may make it more appropriate for the beginning of an arbitrary event.

Errrrā€¦perhaps because we are all humans and see the world as we are brought up to see it.

Arenā€™t Aboriginals human too? And base their beliefs on how they interpret the world around themā€¦Same as us really.

Thatā€™s my point. well done.

Well it is still early here Bruceā€¦
:yawning_face:

I like Summerā€¦ :heart:

1 Like

Have you experienced it yet? :thinking:

Absolutely Pixie, itā€™s been brilliant weather here so farā€¦In fact, Iā€™ve had to put the hose on the garden because of the lack of rain recently. Just a bit windy thoughā€¦
:wind_face:

1 Like

Lucky you! Its like Autumn up here :frowning_face: :fallen_leaf: :wind_face:

1 Like

Sorry Pixie, I hope your weather cheers up in the coming weeksā€¦
:sunny:

1 Like

My brother in Macclesfield was complaining about the summer so far saying that he had only 4 or 5 days of decent weather. I had no sympathy.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only gone out and about with no jacket on for three days since the clocks changed into ā€œSpringtimeā€ :roll_eyes:

(Iā€™m sorry you are all suffering flooding over there, btw. We shouldnā€™t complain about the rain really, but we do)

1 Like

My birthday is on midsummer day that makes me a summer gal .
However when the temperature gets above 26c next week I might have a change of mind.

Todayā€™s weather in South Yorksā€¦

Just been out in the country on my bike, and farmers are having to water their cropsā€¦
:sunny: