Are you Winter, Spring, Summer or Autumn?

I like chilly winter days, the colours of Autumn, the promise of Spring and long hot Summers but, if I had to choose just one season it would be Spring.

Spring, to me, signals hope. As we watch the leaves reappearing on winter battered trees, the bulbs peeking through and the days getting longer, we know that winter is behind us and summer is not far away. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That says it in a nutshell Tr1sh. That is exactly why I love Spring the most. It’s the promise of things to come. I love Summer too, but am only too aware that Autumn is just a blink away, and as we get older time really does fly by. So it’s Spring for me too, with it all to look forward to :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Spring is my favourite season too, the joy of spotting the first little buds pushing their way up, the first feel of soft sunshine on my face, all that hope and promise, but I love all four seasons. Would hate to live somewhere that was pretty much the same all year round.

I love the colours of autumn, and that smell of over ripe apples in the air, the crisp frosty winter days fill me with joy, the smell of the flowers on a summers day, with the lazy hum of the bees as they gather pollen, that refreshing smell of rain after a few hot days, and of course the lovely scent of freshly cut grass.

1 Like

Those darling buds of May, I’m a May child so spring is my time.

2 Likes

Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons, Spring next. Not keen on Summer at all - too hot for me if much over 60f !!

1 Like

Spring for me as well.

2 Likes

I’m a Spring person too, despite being born in the depths of winter. Each season has its charm, but Spring is new beginnings, so that’s my favourite season. :smiley: :white_flower:

2 Likes

Spring has certain sprung forward as favourite judging by the responses. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

End summer, beginning of autumn for me.

3 Likes

Spring brings hope to my heart and the summer brings joy . Warm days in the garden or walking . Friends round for drinks and nibbles . Spring and summer I come back to life

1 Like

I just checked and Spring officially starts on the 20th of March this year. About 66 days to go

1 Like

I’m a December child. I used to love the run up to xmas, got good memories of good nights out, parties and gigs. The pre xmas night air smells good.

Not any more. Give me the summer now.

Definitely Spring is my favourite, every new and fresh and starting again. New life, new hope,newbegiinings. We always try and go to Cornwall in the Spring, it’s rejuvenating!

I like the heat, so I like Summer too and I can put up with Winter because of Christmas and cosy hibernating.

But I don’t like Autumn at all. I hate that mellow, dampy feeling, the “last rose of Summer sentiments”, the end of the Summer and the end of things generally. And the short days and long nights. Autumn represents old age to me.

Summer everytime. I dont mind spring but I find winter and winter offensive, do you think they might do away with them if I complain? No, I don’t either mores the pity

Sorry but I am one of those who believe that each season has it’s own charms and I like to enjoy them all. :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

No need to be sorry Danny, different peeps different views makes for a more interesting forum

1 Like

Same here :+1:

It’s Spring, Summer and Autumn for me.

Our winters in the UK are too long and dreary for my liking.

Same here, Pixie.
I love spring when everything starts coming back to life. It is like a beautiful period of anticipation somehow, a new beginning each year. Luv it.

I do like summer, but not when we have those fierce heat days that we have had the last couple of summers. Don’t like that kind of intense heat at all.
In fact I don’t like any extremes, not extreme cold, or intense heat.

I was thrilled this morning when I was seeing to the bird feeders, I saw my first butterly of the season - a beautiful Red Admiral, no less. It was sitting on the side of a post in the sunshine.

Mups, I’m glad you mentioned that, because I have been feeling the intense heat for a couple of years now, and I thought it was an age thing, or me developing some sort of sensitive skin! I don’t mind the cold so much, as you can always wrap up warmer, but the heat is just draining :frowning_face: