Are you wearing mask when shopping today?

I just nipped to Asda … wore my mask … spotted most people are still donning a mask, except one or two of their own staff weren’t.

3 Likes

That happened last time, July last year, for the first week or two, maybe three, people carried on wearing masks, and then it just fizzled out, and Mr B and I were distinctly in the minority!

1 Like

I’m going to keep wearing one even when Scotland says we don’t have to. I always felt safer from peoples sneezes and coughs with one on, and it also means I can quietly grumble at people without them knowing :joy:

That’s definitely a big plus! And I don’t have to bother putting lippy on either :kiss:

1 Like

Ugh…I agree! I have been putting on some light foundation for work, and it leaves unsightly marks in my mask, so I’m always washing them. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Well I am in the minority as most people in shops were wearing masks. I think there were more staff not wearing them though. Same old thing though …. Lots of people not wearing them properly, dangling under their noses or just looking very dirty.

It was very nice to be able to look at things in a leisurely fashion as normally I rush round in a mask and have to make a hasty exit when I feel faint.

I have to say that supermarkets here are seldom crowded and i do not get close to anybody. I still wipe down the trolley and sanitise my hands.

or stick your tongue out at them

3 Likes

Read last night on teletext that Sainsbury’s are to carry on asking staff and customers to wear masks after the rule change.

Personally, I think I’ll continue for a while longer in shops and on buses.

Saying nothing :innocent:

2 Likes

I heard that too but I never shop there anyway. Too expensive.

I am concerned that many older people have been frightened out of their lives by the media. My elderly Aunt has barely left her home in over 2 years yet she used to love a daily walk. She says she is fed up to the back teeth with it and she is lonely and bored stiff. What kind of existence is that? I am certain that a walk in the fresh air would do her a power of good but she is now terrified to leave her house.
I have a friend who puts her mask on all the time when she leaves her house yet meets up with friends for meals in restaurants and pubs without a mask. :rofl:

1 Like

Hi

Not been shopping, but been to hospital today. Taxi there and back, both drivers wearing a mask.

I wear a high quality mask, FFP2, CN95 certified to ptorect myself.

The hospital insist you must wear one of theirs, so put it on over mine.

Their masks are cheap and nasty.

You are also required to use hand gel when you enter, the dispensers were empty.

I wore a mask in Sainsbury’s today…will continue to wear one.

They can be annoying sometimes as they steam up my glasses.

1 Like

you want to try wearing glasses and 2 hearing aids with a mask then you’re in trouble …but I’ll keep persevering with a mask :grin:

1 Like

I will keep wearing mine as long as I feel I have to. Besides, people can’t see my ugly mug whilst I have it on.

Went into the Aldi near and with my sister today. We both continued to wear our masks.

Been into a diy store and wore the mask, seems second nature now.

Slightly off topic but I received an email from one of the clubs that I belong to telling me that members and visitors will need to be fully vaccinated to gain admission to the club. This is no longer required by the state of NSW but some venues still require it, personally I think it is a good idea.

Masks have to be worn unless actually drinking or eating…

(Their bold typing)

Because they are all little flowers or bolshy gits who think the height of rebellion is not to wear a mask

The old people where I live are made of much sterner stuff there have been loads of them out walking throughout the pandemic .

1 Like

Yes and I would too. However, my Aunts children have also put the pressure on and said she is safer indoors but they seem not to realise that apart from them calling in now and again, she sees nobody. :cry: