Are You, Or Do You Know, A Narcissus?

We used to think that we might have to cover up all of the mirrors, in our house, when the youngsters were around!

They’d stand there testing their expressions, for ages, specially the boys!

But that’s not, necessarily, Narcissism!

:partying_face:

we’ve had a few on this forum…past and present.

2 Likes

I’ve always preferred a ‘Daffodilissist’ A lot bigger and brighter than a ‘Narcissist’ and the bulbs are quite ‘Ergonomic’…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Me too! :grin:

2 Likes

Tony B Liar?

A thing of beauty, just like me…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Have you felt the bulbs Annie, quite exquisite…

I am a “bulb-stroking” virgin OGF :wink: .

1 Like

I had to work with a narcissist for several years. Thankfully he moved on. A whirlwind of chaos.

Are we talking about people who behave narcissistically from time to time or personality disorders that are quite serious and very damaging to family or partners? If the latter then you can also get vulnerable narcissistic personality disorder and or just behaviour which is just as bad and not quite as evident.

1 Like

Welcome, Julianna!

This topic covers both kinds.

Feel free!

(No names, though)

:sweat:

1 Like

Narcissistic personality disorder. Lovely people for everyone who has not figured them out. To everyone else, they are the root of 99% of the problems happening around them.

2 Likes

Maybe, we should pity them? It could be that it’s not their fault and they have been brought up the way they are?
I think those that judge are the problem and should consider… why are these people like it?
It may not be their fault but the fault of the ones who have built and bulled them up.

No way. Just avoid is my advice.

1 Like

Thank you team they, sorry team them.

Perhaps some of us are a bit jealous of the really good looking, well to do, self confident, man about town?

Maybe their attitude is a defence, a wall of protection built around them.

Since I am not any of the above, I’ll have to ask others what they think.

:pleading_face:

1 Like

Its born out of insecurity regarding how others perceive them. So they fake it and mirror everyone else to be seen as acceptable. They are fake people and will use and abuse to get what they want.

1 Like

You mean like a kind of defence having being humiliated or put down in the past Arty?
I think we are too quick to give things a name and be satisfied that is what it is these days.
Perhaps they are only like that with certain people. There is a saying that suggests: We get back what we give out…

1 Like

That could apply to a lot of other people, PK?

Salesmen, MPs, you name it!

3 Likes

Foxy, l was thinking more of the parents who spoil their children, think their child is the greatest ever and instil selfish traits in them.
Yet, the parents, that diss and down their children are as bad.

Some spoilt brats can grow up thinking they are the greatest but aren’t nice with it.
Whereas, the ones that are downed and ‘dissed’ by their parents can grow up thinking they are worthless and rubbish and maybe resent the ‘Narcissist’?

In my view children should be brought up to be well balanced, be confident where they need to be but without causing others to dislike them intensely.

What l’ve written above, is probably a load of rubbish and some people are just born obnoxious and think they are ‘It’!

2 Likes

Not rubbish, Art, I think that “only child syndrome” is a big factor.

Add that to the way kids are brought up.

2 Likes