Are You A Talker

Me too Tiff…they seem drawn to me for some reason, just had a natter with a complete stranger on my travels to the shop…in fact I had a natter with two ladies…

It’s so nice now that I’m retired as I have so much more time…always in a rush before, trying to make a living and bringing up 3 sons.

2 Likes

I spoke to a man in oncology this morning. He looked at me as I was leaving. I was mad because they are back to strictly one person per patient for consultations. Said I’d been banished only one allowed. Daft as we, both daughter & I see Son every day & he lives with me. Best if she goes in as she takes things in better than me & she drives us there. Man looked a bit put out at that, as I swept out of the department. Obviously not a chatty type.:grinning:

2 Likes

Oh yes, I’ve met quite a few non chatty types, all in the body language, which is fair enough…each to their own.

1 Like

My friend V can talk a glass eye to sleep

( I know I know I’ve mentioned her before)

Yep she talks non stop , if I take a breath to speak I’m lucky if I get 6 words out and she then takes the conversation . It drives me bonkers !

But shes got a good heart and is kind :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh yes, I had a friend like that, I couldn’t get a word in edge ways, her need to talk was probably greater than mine, so I just listened, it’s good to listen as well.:grin:

1 Like

Some people talk too much and you just wish they would stop .

2 Likes

I concur with that.

Yes and no. I always say hello to those I pass in the park, or at least acknowledge them a nod. It is said I am very friendly, no matter where I am. Saying hello, how are you, comes naturally. Then, if another encourages the conversation, I engage without hesitation!

1 Like

I will always acknowledge people when I am walking my dog and sometimes engage in short conversations with other dog owners. I don’t speak to random folks when I go into town or start conversations with anyone I don’t know. I find ‘small talk’ (whatever that is) difficult to achieve - maybe because I don’t want to be a part of it! I often wonder what people find to talk about when I see two or three standing around chatting. I’m a very private person and this 2 metre distance business works very well for me …

2 Likes

Yes to both if I’m in the mood to do so.

2 Likes

When I was younger I hardly ever spoke, which I won’t go into, that went right into my late 40s…now I can’t shut up, making up for that lost time…

This is the best place to talk,talk,talk, talk, I have been known to talk on here right into the early hours, I have noticed quite a few do this…night owls…:+1::+1:

Similar for me with the dogs. But I don’t think I’m a very private person. I just don’t have a lot to say. Especially not gossip.

1 Like

Apparently according to the family and everyone I know I was injected with a gramophone needle…

1. Yes I talk
  2. How old I am
1 Like

On my travels round about either walking or shopping, - yes I love having a word/banter/smile/chitchat. There’s bugga all else to chat to living on my own :slightly_smiling_face:

Re talking on forums… erm… different kettle of fish. No, I don’t think I like to talk on forums, not too much anyway. I’m a lot quieter than in real life and keep quite a lot back.

I find it hard 'cos everyone’s listening… :open_mouth:

1 Like

I think lonely people like to talk they may not get many opportunities .

I talk to the animals

1 Like

Dr Dolittle I presume?

1 Like

I can be. I like to talk with people. I have been know to talk to people in lines, and stores and say Hi to who I pass by if our eyes meet.

1 Like

I think people who love/like other people like to talk…it’s in their character / personality…:heartpulse:

1 Like

I’ll talk to anyone, I prove that by being here . :smiley:

I do tend to talk to others out of my normal circle.

2 Likes