Are You A Talker

Do you like to talk to different people on your travels?

Do you like talking on forums?

I must say I like to do both.

How about you?:grin:

4 Likes

No,I don’t like talking on forums. Oops!

6 Likes

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:…you fibber, I can talk until the cows come home, not that you’ve noticed,:joy:

And I talk a load of rubbish…:joy::joy:

1 Like

My grandfather had a farm and the cows were always at home.

2 Likes

My friends Dad was a cow hand back in the day, we used to go and watch him putting those machines on the cows that needed milking.

I lived in a village, cows in every field back then.

2 Likes

Nowadays, in real life, I will talk to anyone (who will listen), on a Forum, I no longer fill awkward silences, this is intentional. :biking_man:

2 Likes

Once I start talking, there’s no stopping me.

2 Likes

Me too…that reminds me I must get some cleaning done, as I’ve been talking non stop on the forum just lately…

It’s much more enjoyable on here these days…:heartpulse:

2 Likes

I’m never rude and always say hello to anyone when passing by on countryside walks. Quite affable if people start talking to me but rarely start conversations. Lots of things that worry or annoy others don’t seem to get to me, so very often not much said by me about them (in life or forums).

Quietly efficient in the home making everything run as well as I can. Certainly one of the quieter family members I think.

3 Likes

And I talk a load of rubbish…:joy:

Who doesn’t ?

1 Like

I don’t like that word, ( rubbish)I call it small talk, :grin:…I like to see people talking together, just to see people interacting with each other, plus this is a nice place to share now, long may it continue to hear everyone’s chitter chatter…,:grin:

2 Likes

There’s talking and there’s being asked or expected to talk. I always try to react with the locals if I’m travelling it’s the inter cultural aspects that I find most interesting.
Then the other kind of talking to an audience. I was chairman of the Hawkes Bay Winemakers which involved dealing with sometimes large groups in things like setting up the Wine Festival or the Food and Wine celebrations. I always found these a little nerve racking but it was never justified and all went well.

3 Likes

retired teacher ; I prefer just to chatter now? and I touch type as well which replaces chattering even?

2 Likes

I am going to talk in a minute. Just lately we have been bugged by roadworks on a trunk road we have to use daily, the latest set of temporary traffic lights (which had been there for the past six weeks) were removed yesterday, and from experience I commented to the Wife and Daughter “you watch, they will move them further up the road tomorrow :laughing:” well, I was partially correct, the buggers have put them back in the same place, Why the Fu.k would any contractor remove them one day and put them back in the SAME place the next. Goin to get on my :biking_man: and assume the role of the Village nutter and let them know this craziness has to Stop. :grinning:

3 Likes

Am I a talker? Is the pope a catholic?
I can talk for England. I chat to everyone and anyone on the bus.
I have been diagnosed with verbal diarhoea (but not so good at spelling!!).
But I find it difficult to give a presentation talk to others.
Much better in one-to-one situations.

2 Likes

On a forum I sometimes do if I get into conversation mode with someone. On my travels no, I prefer to be away from people when out with the dog.:raised_hand: When out with my pals for our monthly pub lunch and catch up, that’s when I yack non stop. :grin:

2 Likes

Well as a long time inhabitant of your isle - the british workman has become a topic of mirth - they are british aren’t they? - digging a hole - then refilling it - then digging it again uses up more time and shows the boss how overworked and busy they are and efficient - they have been doing the same - remove them put them back remove them etc etc - yes you are the village nutter they are the clever ones! - mind you building electric bikes - now that takes the gong of the year prize?

2 Likes

Brevity is the soul of wit.
Willy Wiggledager

1 Like

I talk to strangers all the time. Where ever I am. It must drive them mad. :grinning:

2 Likes

Me too :slight_smile: love to talk :smiley: …sometimes :rofl:

2 Likes