Are there any shows you watch because they are awful?

Bollocks :grin:

I don’t think we can get that on freeview Spitty…
:astonished:

You can Foxy, it’s channel 6!.

1 Like

short answer: no
why: lifetime too precious

Just discovered a show called ‘Medical Police’.
A comedy about a virus taking over the world.
Was on in 2020!
So bad it is brilliant.
Humour in the style of ‘Police Squad-in Color’.
A Netflix show.

1 Like

Nice one! I just watched the preview. It reminded me of Airplane!

It was released in Jan 2020, uncanny timing. It got some good reviews but I wonder how many people wanted to laugh at a tragedy they were living in.

It’s supposed to spoof international spy thrillers? That might be worth a look.

1 Like

It’s surreal.

1 Like

Ha Ha, have to admit Arty Im not surprised you watch it too… we must be mad… great though isn’t it :slight_smile: You are so right about Olivia… I could give her a right slap and I feel sorry for the chaps she kisses with that pout she looks like a frog especially when she is kissing,YUK!

Im getting fed up with Tanya too… she should make her mind up! I thought it was hilarious though on Movie night when Martin sat eating his popcorn and laughing… give that man the trophy :slight_smile: :rofl:

Are you getting the originals with Donald Trump at the helm or the reboot that came later. I watched it back when Trump sat in the “You’re Fired!” seat. I’m in the USA.

There was a BBC three part series War Of The Worlds and whilst it started with promise, by about half way through, I was ready to jump. It was laughingly bad and an insult to intelligence…but I had to see it through to the bitter and ridiculous end, and wasn’t surprised how bad it was.

There was another BBC series called The Watch, which was a embarrassingly bad take on Terry Pratchett’s Discworld and was an insult to the books which it was supposed to be from. Even the Pratchett estate distanced itself from it.

On Netflix there was After Life, a poorly rated sci-fi which got worse as it went on, with some really bad science in it and written as if it was made up as it went along, It ran for two seasons, but I couldn’t bring myself to watch the last couple episodes - it was terrible. The series was cancelled with no ending.

2 Likes

I went looking for it. It sounds like a potential binge watch. There’s another series on Netflix called After Life, but it’s with Ricky Gervais and is a comedy. The other one is probably gone.

Ooops! My bad…I meant to say “Another Life”

“After Life” with Ricky Gervais is quite good, but the humour is rather dark in nature.

Thanks! The preview reminds me of a cross between La Brea and Terra Nova. It’s on my list. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Eurovision!

1 Like

Eurovision Song Contest with Will Ferrell? I’m not a Will Ferrell fan. If it’s that one, I can imagine it being bad.

No, I meant the real annual completion when it’s screened on TV

It’s dire. Terrible music, OTT costumes, dreadful presenters, tedious judging system, I love it!

We always settle down with drinks and snacks and cheer them on ….

2 Likes

Ha, Ha, yes Maree…
Mrs Fox and me usually vote on the songs giving them marks out of ten…
I don’t think we have ever agreed with the winner…
:astonished:

1 Like

I only used to watch the scoring at the end especially with Tel,no one could sarcasm like him.

3 Likes

The scoring was fun in the days when technology was more primitive.
I have watched the last couple on you tube with no voice over commentary.
While chatting online to someone watching in Belgium.
Still wondering how Australia got in it.

2 Likes

No this is the British version and they’re not celebrities, just rather dim wannabe entrepreneurs!
I did see an episode of the US version, it starred Trump and Meat Loaf, great :joy: