Appearance of Police Officers

I try not to bore everyone with reminiscences about old-style policing, but having seen the recent photos, which I’m sure many of you have seen, about the police constable with a Mohican hair-style, I just wondered what people thought about the appropriateness of it?

I’ve read lots of social media comments suggesting that it doesn’t befit a police officer to look like that, but apart from that aspect, I can’t see any reason why he can’t do his job to a high standard, can you?

I remember the seventies and eighties when every copper went on duty in smart uniform, with shiny shoes and having the shift sergeant complaining if ties weren’t clipped on tightly and socks weren’t pulled up (literally!). The thought back then of someone coming on duty with a Mohican-style haircut would have caused senior officers to lose a few hairs of their own!!

We all know society and policing have changed beyond all recognition, but would you be horrified or ambivalent if a constable knocked at your door with his hair quite literally standing on end!!?

I did see an officer on tv this week with a very high mohican and was very surprised , i wondered if his hat would fit as his hair looked rigid . Personally im against it on duty and in uniform, what he does outside of duty is his choice .

Not my idea of a policeman

I suspect that’s a view shared by a majority.

Welcome back Stosca.I haven’t seen it.It’s a bit of a mystery to me why he should have one.That’s usually the choice of someone with a rebellious streak.Not usually associated with some one in the police force.Would they try to keep him off the beat? :grinning:

1 Like

See a policeman ?

On the beat ?

Yes i did wonder whether this was about an apparition

1 Like

Test post

I’ve searched but I can’t locate a photo of the police constable with a Mohican hair-style … :confused:

I’m sorry but I can’t take anyone seriously with face jewelry or funny haircuts. It says a lot about their mental status.

2 Likes

Just go to something like Twitter and search for Police Mohican.

I don’t do Twitter.

1 Like

© X

1 Like

He doesn’t look undercover, perhaps he’s a strip-o-gram, cop-o-gram or something like that.

Good morning officer Dibble, and what have you come as today?
:grin:

1 Like

don’t encourage him

Blimey … If it’s real then I’m surprised that no other media platform picked up on it … :astonished:

Really Omah?.. :astonished:
Are you not aware the the MSM don’t show you anything that is not in their agenda…

we should keep this quiet

Well, what about all the teenage-beloved social media sites - you’d think that they’d be only too pleased to present a copper looking like a dick … :wink:

1 Like

This officer’s far more conservative hairstyle received far more coverage: