Anything to do with wild birds

No shortage up here. :grinning:

2 Likes

Would you like some magpies to make up numbers? Such pretty birds, but absolute thugs, if truth be told. :smiley:

2 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

Jonathan Livingston

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Plenty of them also but as you say thugs and if they were around they would have chased the other birds away. :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

We’ve had a pigeon hanging upside down on the tree’s twigs on which our seed feeder hangs today to get at the seeds. I’ve stopped the bugger in its tracks by trimming the twigs short. Now it can’t get to the feeder but the little birdies can. :rofl:

1 Like

Of all the squirrels that visit I have one who always figures stuff out very quickly. He came for breakfast and on seeing the half coconut was empty of his favourite food went to the other side of the shed roof and hauled up the one on the other side.

It then became a free for all first a Magpie.

with another waiting in the wings.

Followed by a Jackdaw.

2 Likes

Three geese looking across the pond to Kensington Palace

2 Likes

Caught him, right place right time with camera to hand. :rofl:

Spilt some seed this morning and never one to miss a chance down came one of my squirrels for a feast, the pigeons are pretending that they are not interested. :rofl:

Magpies are really quite annoying and who take their roles as bird bullies very seriously as the chase the pigeons and jackdaws away from the grub.

2022-04-25 08.05.20.jpg

2022-04-25 08.05.14.jpg

2022-04-25 08.04.15.jpg

2022-04-25 08.04.33.jpg

2022-04-25 08.04.36.jpg

Beautiful.

2022-04-25 09.03.10.jpg

A cat crossed my fence on its return to the garden at back of me , it was carrying something in its mouth, a sparrow or mouse, after it had dropped it, a Magpie swooped down and flew off with it…
It was first time i had seen anything like it .

1 Like

It’s quite shocking when something happens like that. One year there were a lot of sparrows on the roof, all of a sudden a sparrow hawk silently swooped down and took off with a sparrow.

1 Like

I’ve been standing outside having my afternoon ciggie when a robin flew down and settled on the fence no more than 3’ away from me. I held my hand out pretending I had seeds in it, but the bird flew off.

05:15, foodstuffs ready to go out.
I have noticed that as well as the pigeons waiting for me to sprinkle seeds on the grass I now have a couple of jackdaws perched near my shed waiting for the filled half cocunuts to go up, they used to last a day or so but since they and others have learnt that by pulling the coconuts on to the shed roof that it is very easy to get at the grub I am lucky if they last a few hours.