Anything to do with wild birds

Haven’t seen a Bullfinch all winter around here, seen one today on next doors cherry eating the buds,

3 Likes

Singing for his supper

3 Likes

2 of our 3 bird boxes are being investigated by 4 blue tits today. I wonder if they’ll be nesting in them this year.

Spotted tray feeders in Lidl and at 3 quid a piece it seemed rude not to.
But my lot don’t like new so it takes a while before they are used but I see that a male blackbird has gone for it which should encourage others.

2 Likes

Walking in the woods this morning could hear a pecker drilling, found where, in a Telegraph pole, will keep an eye for when feeding chick’s later.

I have a soft spot for these two rather handsome Jackdaws who pop by every morning.

Not a good images I have a film on the window but once the warmer weather comes I hope to get a better picture as I will open the window long before they arrive.

3 Likes

Over the last couple of days we’ve had at least 2 greenfinches on our sunflower seed feeder. Haven’t seen these before so I had to get my RSPB bird spotting book out to identify them.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Do any of you develop an affection towards any regular birds that visit your garden?
I feed lots of birds ( big ones on the side garden & small birds on the back) but I have had 2 special Crows.
One that I called Christopher arrived a few years ago and had white patches where there were no feathers. He found the food I put out and after a few weeks he would sit on the barn roof making a noise if I was late putting it out.
Another one has decided that he wants to eat on the back garden & I see that he has a damaged wing feather that sticks out. He is big & black so I call him B.B.Crow & leave extra cat food & fat balls in a bowl for him.
I like the crows and find therm very intelligent, but I don’t like to see them harassing the buzzards that frequently look for food on the surrounding fields !

2 Likes

I have a couple of Jackdaws that I very much like, such sleek beautiful birds.
Love the squirrels that call also.

1 Like

There’s the 2 robins that come down and watch us when we’re digging or weeding.

1 Like

There are two squirrels in my back garden that I have called Spit & Spat ( I’m imaginative like that :roll_eyes: ) because they are always chasing each other up and around the trees, arguing & chittering with each other. The robin I have called Lonely Tom, and the gang of ruthless magpies I have named the “biker gang” who terrorise everyone within breathing distance.

2 Likes

3 Likes

song thrush
P1140435

5 Likes

Some of the troops down for breakfast and allowing me to get fairly close.

4 Likes

Thats where the Starlings are, they’ve migrated away from yer.

1 Like

Used to get a lot of starlings, but no more. They used to eat everything.

2 Likes