Anything and everything Cheese

Shudders - that is a dreadful way to kill a cheese, Meg, I agree with you on that one.

Cheese should be lovingly swaddled in cheese cloth and wrapped in waxed paper. Never cling film or, even worse, tin foil. It is a living organism and needs to breathe.

For those of you who donā€™t know what we are on about, itā€™s this.

In the Wensleydale sampling room.

Strong Cheddar on toast with a dash of brown sauce

I also love goats cheese, strong Cheddar, White Stilton, Sage Derby and Red Windsor. The vintage Red Leicester is good as well. I always buy my cheeses from a proper cheese shop - never a supermarket. Cannot stand their ā€˜processed cheesesā€™ - not even for cooking.

Cheese in my house has to be either English, Irish, Welsh or Italian.

I loathe the french slime that is brie or camembert.

I met a lady in a local farm shop whose husband works as a cheese turner in Cheddar Caves.
Now thatā€™s how cheese should be treated.

Kept in caves?

I would agree, Fruitcake, but caves are in short supply just now. I blame brexit!

Yes, you can see them on racks as you tour the cave system. They are a constant temperature all year round so no artificial variants needed for storage.

Cheddar caves aitnā€™t short, and there are many others round here as well.

ā€˜ā€˜Blacksticks Blue is a farmhouse soft blue veined cheese made from pasteurised milk of the Butlers family herd of pedigree cows. ā€¦ The cheese is aged for about eight weeks during which it develops a distinctive amber hue along with a delicious creamy smooth yet tangy taste.ā€™ā€™

Personally, i donā€™t think it is very strong but then I do like strong cheese generally.

A milder option is Castello creamy blue which is nice with salad or in a roll.

Philistine !!! - has to be Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce !!!

Itā€™s a shame I donā€™t make cheese because I do have my own cave under the house. Well itā€™s a damp cellar but it would work. :wink:

Stilton - yes, but I also like the French blue cheese - St:Agur too on Carrā€™s Cheese Melts and washed down with a glass or three of a decent Port.

Mmm, I am not sure Longlegs.:lol:

I like Stilton, I often use it in cooking. x

Snobā€¦:lol:

You are both wrong - it has to be Yorkshire Relish!:-D:-D

Nope, strawberry jam is best with cheese ā€¦ no wait, thatā€™s sausages. :blush:

I do like Philadelphia cheese.

Grapes with cheese? :open_mouth:

Havenā€™t but I sure would love to try it, :wink:

Oh do you will be hooked. X

There was even a song about it. :lol:

Philadelphia freedom?