Anyone Use Darktable?

I have been using Google Picasa since Moses was a boy and while there is absolutely nothing wrong with it I sometimes feel that I should move onto something newer or better. Picasa was abandoned by Google almost exactly a decade ago in favour of Google Photos.

One thing I try to use is free open source software and Darktable is such a program. It seems to do a very similar job to Picasa.

My main use of Picasa is as a photo importer and cataloguer but it is also really useful for carrying out simple editing tasks like cropping, contrast adjustment etc. However with some camera devices I find it easier to use a batch file to import files.

Darktable’s web site is here:

Has anybody on here had any experience of using Darktable?

BTW I am slow to change, it is probably only a year or so since I started to use Paint Dot Net instead of the old shareware version of Paintshop Pro (later taken over by Corel) but I am very interested in hearing from other users who do use Darktable.