Anyone have a claim to fame? Just for fun!

Brilliant! Can’t argue with those statements :rofl:

How nice to just strike up an ordinary conversation like that. Was he very full of himself, or just a nice, down to earth type fellah?

Oh wow, how brilliant! What a shame you didn’t realise at the time who they were. I had to Google The Vital Spark - now I get why I hadn’t heard of it, as it’s a BBC Scotland production. That must have been interesting watching the filming. My nephew and his wife were on honeymoon in Kefalonia when Captain Correlli’s Mandolin was being filmed, and they saw a good bit of that.

Fame indeed!!

Heavens, so many famous people! You’re definitely an honorary sleb on this forum :grin:

That must have been such an interesting job Summer! My daughter used to work in the green room at our Theatre Royal, many years ago, and she used often to report back on the people who passed through there. Paul Nicholas and Bonnie Langford were two of the really obnoxious ones as I recall. How lovely that you spent that time with John Challis - good to know that he really was as nice as he always came across.

Did you find that meeting MPs ever influenced your political leaning? I’m assuming you’ve met a fair few.

How lovely for your son to have that personal message from JK Rowling!

2 Likes

I have met Prince Michael of Kent he is eerily similar in appearance to the last Tzar of Russia Nicholas 11.

1 Like

You failed to mention my starring role in a Weetabix advert.:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Not claims to fame but I have seen some well known people and met a few.
I saw Patricia Phoenix in Kendal Milnes in Manchester years ago.
Coincidently her husband Tony Booth (father of Cherie Booth) was in the same rehabilitation centre for people with injuries as my husband and they spent many hours talking together about their opposing views.

I chatted to Adam Faith the pop singer who was at a dog show with his Afghan hounds ,
In local shops I have seen Tom Conti/ Hayley Mills/ Richard Briars and many more in our little town because they were appearing in productions at the theatre here.

Working as a Matron in a boarding school I looked after the daughters of a Hollywood star, film producer and some well known actors here but I won’t say who, there is an unwritten rule that for reasons of privacy it is never discussed.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, your Weetabix fame, can’t believe I missed such an amazing claim to fame, wow! :joy:

Exactly I think you be hard pushed to find anyone here with a similar achievement, rather than exploit my obvious fame I decided to ignore the celebrity lifestyle and give all my energies to promoting naked Morris dancing which sadly never really got the support from the public, or the police for that matter, it deserved.:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I missed the weetabix but think I saw you in the PG tips one :slight_smile:

Oh yes, you’re right Muddy! I’d never realised that till you mentioned it. He’s the grandson of one of the Tsar’s first cousins, so those genes must have been very strong.

Not a claim to fame? That’s a very strong claim you have there @Meg - all those famous people you’ve met! Another honorary sleb, I’d say :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I was at Althorp House when Charles Spencer came in the shop , Id heard the sound of voice drop and everyone was mumbling when i turned round there he was ,.Lovely man very polite.

I along with the rest of a Choir recorded at the BBC recording studio at Manchester ,it was later played on Manchester and Nottingham radio.

On a day out to the NEC Birmingham for a Gardeners world event , I was sitting in front row naming the tunes that was being played 0f different Gardening programmes , it was to fill in before Monty Don and Pippa ? and someone else came on to be inteviewed.

The next thing I knew the compare came off the stage with a Camera man ,pulled me and another woman up on stage to do a head to head answer questions for the prize of a Gardening book .
I couldnt answer one question I got stage fright .My prize was a Stress Ball , I needed it after that .

Monty Don and the rest of the Celebs came on after so I guess you can say I was the warm up act . :rofl:
Having a love for Gardening along with my Son who was about 10 at this time I queued up to get a Book Signed by Alan Titchmarsh,he asked me what to write in it and it was signed by him ,
Also went to an evening with Alan T .

Was at a 60s concert with Hubby and Brian Poole was at the Souveinir Stall , hubby went up to him Shook his hand and asked hows he doing . :laughing:

I briefly met Ronald Reagan when he visited Windsor Castle during his State Visit. I was there working for Special Services-Royal Palaces in a Works Officer capacity (technical) and regularly met or rather passed HMQ and other Royals on a regular basis in various locations. Ron was somewhat shorter that I had imagined; I was 6’ 6" at the time lol. Anne was not exactly sparing with her swearing, but you knew where you stood with her :wink: :grin:

Lots of claims there! And you were in a choir recorded at the BBC studio, wow! I would love to have been in a choir, always was at school, but never continued afterwards. Wish I had.

What an interesting role you had, must have been fascinating and I bet you met or saw lots of VIP visitors to Windsor in your time there.

I am not at liberty to tell anything about anyone I may have met/saw/passed, unless it was made public knowledge they were visiting the castle, as it was with President RR. I could write an interesting book, but it would be utterly disloyal and well below what was and still is expected from me.

5 Likes

Hi

I have been sworn at by Princess Anne and totally ignored by Prince Andrew.

Her daughter has helped take my shirt off when I was injured.

Been on TV a number of times, a totally forgettable man in a suit.

I went out for a night with a BBC well known presenter and crew for a real life documentary.

I did not want this at all, but was instructed to do it.

It turned into a hectic night and after the lawyers had finished with it
the several hours was reduced to a few minutes.

I have never been Military or Police, no powers of arrest at all.

I had however to formally caution a large very aggressive man under PACE.

The Police where nowhere near, they had a big incident elsewhere.

This was being filmed and the Producer asked if I could do it again because he had not got the right angles, utter madness/

So no, no claim to fame, just a small cog in a big wheel.

There’s a photo of me on the back cover of a Stephen King novel.

3 Likes

This one? :rofl:
images

2 Likes

You just made that up Trixster Knuckles…You can’t you just can’t know PN… :scream:

1 Like

Re: My conversation with Jonathan Ross.

How nice to just strike up an ordinary conversation like that. Was he very full of himself, or just a nice, down to earth type fellah?

Yes, he was nice, as was his bride with her bright-red hair. Not pushy or luvvie types at all.

1 Like

It’s par for the course to be sworn at by The Princess Royal and as for that serial shagger Randy Andy, well to be ignored means you could not be implicated in any of his dubious past. I’m glad he’s not my son and that’s a fact!

2 Likes

That princess Ann sounds a horrible rude woman how dare she swear at people I’ve read a few threads about this over privileged spoilt rude woman

Sorry

Back on topic

1 Like