Anyone have a claim to fame? Just for fun!

@MrFraggle posted elsewhere that he was on Crackerjack. It got me wondering if anyone else has a claim to fame, no matter how tenuous.

Me? Well back in the 60s I worked with someone who went to school with Princess Anne! That’s my little claim to fame :crown:. What’s yours?

1 Like

In the course of my work I met and spoke to:-

Roger Moore.
Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple).

1 Like

The nearest I can say my claim to fame is I was stood next to Dolly Skilbeck in Leeds from Emmerdale hundreds of years ago, she looked lovely too, no mobile phones back then so I didn’t get a picture.

1 Like

Both far less tenuous than my claim, haha! At least you both actually got to see someone famous - I only knew someone who knew someone famous! (‘I danced with a man who danced with a girl who danced with the Prince of Wales’ kind of claim to fame :rofl:)

2 Likes

Yes, but it is local.

Here in SA, I met the band members from a SA band Micasa at a work function wear your pyjamas to work day and managed to get a picture with them.

Sorry I have edited out the surroundings in the picture

Here is a sample of their music if you’d like to hear their music

Proudly South African :south_africa:

4 Likes

I’ve met Princess Anne, a long time ago at a horse show my friend was competing in. We were chatting to Princess Anne’s groom at the time as our horse box was parked next to hers.The Princess rode up to us & said to me hold this, meaning her horse Doublet. He was lovely. :grinning:
Then OH & I were in Bournemouth having a wander around the shops before going to John Denver’s concert there & we spotted him walking in front of us, caught him up, introduced ourselves, said we were going to his concert & he shook our hands & said lovely to meet you. Then left. Made my year let alone my day. :grinning:

4 Likes

I told off Robert Carlyle for jumping the queue in a bookshop a few years ago. And I photographed Malcolm Rifkind for a local newspaper. Oh and I see Neil Oliver quite often when I’m on the train (not for a couple of years now, obviously). I also know Paolo Nutini.

6 Likes

Oh how grand Tiffany!

Mine pales in comparison :grin:

1 Like

I have a couple of world records that are too late for the Guinness Book. :biking_man:

2 Likes

Tiffany I went to see John Denver in Bournemouth too . He was great wasnt he . A lovely man

2 Likes

Oh how fabulous! I expect they’re very famous in SA? I will listen to that track later, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I once got a ‘Big Fat B****d’ certificate for managing to eat a full English breakfast in a quantity that the hotel management said few had managed to eat. I’m wondering where it is now.

3 Likes

He was lovely. I didn’t wash my hand for days after, (lol, very wrong now). I still miss him too.

1 Like

Wow, now that is a claim to fame - not only did you meet Princess Anne herself, but also her horse!!! Blimey, I think I need to start curtseying in your presence :princess:. And then John Denver too, wow!

1 Like

My daughter was on stars in their eyes with Matthew Kelly. She was Linda Perry from 4 non blondes singing " what’s going on" . The same show a lad became George Michael and he won . I watched the filming in the audience for about 5 hours. A super experience . We were signed to secrecy before the show and not allowed to say who won . We kept the secret for 3 months . A big party at my house the night of the showing . Lovely memories

6 Likes

Thanks Bathsheba. Yes, relatively famous

1 Like

Flippin’ 'eck Pixie you’re only one step away from being a fully fledged sleb (haha, my iMac just changed that to ‘slob’ :rofl:)

2 Likes

Hahahaha, oh my word that is the best, most tenuous claim to fame so far :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh that must have been such fun @susan_m. Were you able to record the show when it was finally broadcast?

No need, she wasn’t such a lady & I certainly didn’t curtsy to her. She was quite rude actually. Just threw the horse reins at me & said hold this, like I was a servant.

Boy could she swear too. One of the horses in the box started scraping the floor, it made a lot of noise & the air turned blue. It wanted out I think. :grinning:

3 Likes