Anyone have a claim to fame? Just for fun!

Haha! I do slobbing quite well, Sheba…:smiley:

1 Like

It can be found somewhere on you tube and 27 years on occasionally is still shown. We have recordings . She is 47 now and her daughters have watched . It was great fun . You know the bit where they walk through the misty steam well that’s done at the end of the show . !
I was surprised.

1 Like

I met and spoke to Robson Green in the queue in Safeways in Golders Green many years ago.
He was on his way to visit some friends and had just popped in to buy some wine.
But he didn’t invite me to join him even though I was free that evening …

3 Likes

Actually, that doesn’t surprise me. She’s always treated anyone outside of ‘the firm’ as utterly inferior, unimportant, just there to serve her needs.

Haha, me too :wink:

Well I think that was a bit much, the least that he could do, surely? But did you actually tell him you were free? Mind you, that could have been taken the wrong way… :woozy_face:

1 Like

I didn’t think it was worthy of a certificate. I’m not a big person but didn’t have any trouble eating the breakfast at all. Wondered what all the fuss was about. :smiley:

Although I was born & brought up in Norfolk I have scored for the Yorkshire Cricket team. The reality is that whilst at school Yorkshire played Norfolk in a friendly match & I kept the scorebook for the Yorkshire team. I was 14, or maybe just 15 & Geoff Boycott brought me a pint :grin:

Later, I drove for the Stewart F1 team. I used to move commercial vehicles around the country & had a tractor unit & trailer in full Stewart colours to deliver to a dealership. It was like driving a magnet, every car that passed me, seemed to be drawn towards the vehicle & I was far from sad to hand the vehicle over.

4 Likes

I got talking to Jonathan Ross and his new wife - we were in the queue for the Big Dipper at Blackpool. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

No way!!!

Get outta town Gee!

:026:

when i was younger around 12 years old I played football all the time …anyway I lived in a small village called corrie and played footie on a amall grass patch in front of a holiday home called the whins one day a couple of adults asked if they could have a kick about with me and that happened on a few occasion and I genuinely never knew who they were till years later Jackie and Bobby Charlton so I’ve played footie with world cup winners And also took Roddy McMillan fishing when they were filming the vital spark in corrie on arran Roddy gave me a guided tour of The Vital Spark and got to watch them filming !!!

5 Likes

My Daughter & I saw him at a motorway services on the M42 he was in the queue for Costa & was waiting patiently, we had already got our coffees & were sitting down. We didn’t speak to him, but Daughter took a sneaky pic of him on her phone. :grinning: He was waiting for a very attractive dark haired woman who had obviously been to the loo, we followed them out & they had takeaway coffees with them. Didn’t see what car they had though.

I saw Chris Evans in an M1 motorway service station,

1 Like

Well it wasn’t me :laughing:

2 Likes

It was only the truck & trailer, before they went into service with Stewart. But it had Stewart F1 written on it, plus lots of tartan on them & they drew a lot of attention.

I used to get to drive all sorts of vehicles. From a low floor bus converted to an Ambulance, complete with siren & blue lights & a one off tractor unit, built for a client that had 4 axles, normal tractor units have 2 or 3. It was plated for up to 150 tons & it’s one off trailer had 6 axles. It was on display at a truck show a few months later. I showed the driver my photo of it. Taken before I handed it over to his boss. :grin:

2 Likes

Since you asked, let’s start…
I met Debbie Reynolds in 1960. Her husband, Harry Karl owned shoe depts. at our local discount center, so she came to sign autographs and spread good will.

Hillary Clinton came to our town in 2004 to speak informally at the Civic Center. She and Bill live 2 hours away. I worked for our library as Admin Asst., so went over via invitation. I actually stood at the doorway where she would exit, and chatted with her bodyguards. Very handsome gentlemen, sense of humor, in black suits (sigh) and they told me to stay put if I wanted to shake her hand and be introduced after the program. So I did.

Mark Harmon (NCIS) and Pam Dauber (Mork and Mindy) lived 8 miles away in the 90’s, and often came shopping at our local supermarket. One day I was there, met them and their 4 yr old son. Very nice couple.

I have a very close friend (his wife and I are best friends) who is a teacher at Columbia University, is an epidemiologist working for CDC, WHO and Doctors without Borders. He goes all over the world, and has published several papers in the Lancet. When at Columbia, one of his students was Chelsea Clinton.

Oh, and George Cooney, American boxer in the 70’s and 80’s. I met him in 1982 and have a signed autograph. He was scheduled a boxing match at Monticello Raceway, and we happened to catch him outside. Nice man, too nice to be boxing.

Anyway, I will stop now. Nice to recall these times, and share with you all.

6 Likes

I worked for 10 years in special events for a newspaper so I met lots of what is called ‘Celebrities’ too many to mention but nicest I would say was Joanna Lumley …most obnoxious was Phillip Schofield

I have met most of the Royal Family but when I say met its just hello and a handshake so no way to form an opinion apart from the Duchess of Kent who I spent some time with and she was nice.

Thought I would mention John Challis who unfortunately died recently I once spent a day with him and his wife they were lovely both of them…I was so sad to hear of his passing

2 Likes

I’ve only ever met sports people and MP’s.I must get out more.
The nicest,Phil Bennett (rugby) Sir Viv Richards (cricket) and Denis Healey (MP)

2 Likes

My wife once served Ronnie barker when she worked at fenwicks , I’ve met btcc champion James Thompson ( my bro in law used to build and run the Honda touring cars) I’ve shaken hands with princess Micheal of Kent, met jk Rowling at a book signing and, because we share a surname with one of the major characters, she wrote a personal message in one of my sons books ( well two actually), in 2012 we had gone to Dartmouth whilst on holiday, looking for somewhere to have lunch I noticed another couple also staring at the menu,it was John hanna and his family

1 Like

I suppose the main thing is to resist going up to say ‘Hello’