Any Trekkies here?

Anyone remember Blakes 7? Possibly the most awful sci fi show ever!

3 Likes

Excuse me!!!

It had some very interesting characters and story lines IMO

1 Like

Yes remember it, and also Logan’s run.

1 Like

It had Servalan.

Yes there was some excellent acting. We used to joke about the Captain’s “sex dance”. As it was still a sort of prim and proper age & a family show they wouldn’t show any naughtiness although he always met a lady and they would kiss and then dance

It was quite erm …ahem!

In the last job I had we used to get “ red shirt “ jobs, the one where you just knew it wasn’t going to end well, based on the original Star Trek where they beamed down to the alien planet, there was usually security guys in red shirts that went with them, when it all went pear shaped, the red shirt guys were always the first to get it…
I’m a big fan of anything sci fi , Star Trek and stargate were my favourites, but if you get chance to see the remake of lost in space series, then I urge you to do so, the final season 3 series has started but I haven’t had chance to see the first episode yet…

4 Likes

Yes all the alien females seemed to find him attractive :slight_smile:

I used to love logan’s run but they only did one series I think. Also Buck rogers in the 25th Century. That was my favourite.

1 Like

That was hilarious! I couldn’t stop laughing. I thought it was a parody at first, but the listing said it was a drama.

It’s from 1978 and can still be seen on Britbox. That clip says that there are still audio stories made about the series.

Is this where @Roj_Blake gets his name? If so, apologies to him for laughing at the clip if it’s supposed to be serious.

2 Likes

It was painful to watch. I thought it might because I was just a child and it was too adult for me. It was always on when there was nothing else on tv and at the time we only had 3 channels so you were stuck with this rubbish.

1 Like

Based on JustWatch, the old Lost in Space (1965) is playing on Hulu. The new Lost in Space is on Netflix, which I don’t have. I’ll add it to the list if I ever subscribe. Thanks for the recommendation.

Never wear a red uniform on an away mission.

1 Like

Enterprise was just getting into its stride when the series was cancelled, which was a shame, because I didn’t mind it. A bit of a slow start with the first series, but it got better. Then of course, there was T’Pol the Vulcan science officer - well fit IMO and a rival to Seven of Nine. There was a hint of impending romance between her and Trip (chief engineer) before the series was cancelled, which could have been explored further, old romantic that I am. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t like Discovery. Considering that it was set many years before the original Star Trek, the technology was far too advanced. I couldn’t warm to the characters either - I lasted for about four episodes before I stopped watching it.

For those that are interested, there are a couple of more Trek offshoots you may like - Star Trek Lower Decks which is an animated series and played for laughs, another is The Orville - a semi-serious series starring Seth McFarlane (Stewie and others from Family Guy)

1 Like

Oh yes! Jaquelin Pearce could have scrubbed my back any time :wink::point_right::+1:

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks. I was looking at those on Hulu and just asked my TV expert person if she had heard of them. She hadn’t. She’s not a Trekkie. I’ll check them out.

Have you ever seen Galaxy Quest? A Star Trek spoof film starring Sigourney Weaver, Tim Allen, and Alan Rickman. Galaxy Quest in the film is a discontinued science fiction series, the cast of which live on former glories by book-signings and appearances at Comicon events. The cast get kidnapped by real aliens who have been watching the old TV series thinking that it’s real and are asking for the cast’s help. One of the cast is dressed in a red shirt, and he spends most of the film wondering when he’s going to get killed. :slight_smile:

I recommend watching it if you haven’t seen it already.

2 Likes

I’m sure they got it together and had a child, no? Maybe it was FanFiction I saw…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

A teaser here for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The baby (Elizabeth) was a clone made from the DNA of Trip and T’Pol. She died soon after her birth.

1 Like

Awww, now that’s sad, :slightly_frowning_face: