Any Trekkies here?

I am itching to see Strange New Worlds, but it seems it’s only going to be shown on Paramount+ in the UK in June, and I’m not going to pay their subscription just to see it. I’ll wait for the DVD to come out.

2 Likes

Trailer for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

If you can see it, the first full episode looks like it’s on youtube.

1 Like

I subscribe to Netflix, all the Star Trek series are included. My husband thinks it’s hilarious how often I watch them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I started another Star Trek binge watch last night. I was watching Star Trek: Voyager. Before I knew it, I was on episode 4. The memories came flooding back. I could recite some of the lines before they happened. At other times, I had forgotten the story line. I completely forgot about how Tom Paris started on Voyager. It was such a disconnect from how things played out later. If I was on that ship, I’d be mad at Janeway too. Such an impetuous decision. Of course, no show without that decision, so there’s that.

1 Like

I’m watching DS9 for the second time, i remember a lot of it.

1 Like

I’ll always remember the late Jaquelin Pearce in her role as Alice in The Plague of the Zombies.
One of the most underrated horror films of all times in my opinion. Brooding atmosphere and an awful feeling of foreboding.
A shame that the very end of the film was a bit silly!

Yes, watched the original series in 1966 with William Shatner, then the films which followed. TV series, Next Generation with Picard, Voyager with Janeway, Deep Space Nine with Sisko.

Onto the new films with JJ Abrams and occasionally the new series titled Picard.

Never attended any conventions but have it all on DVDs.

Live long and prosper :vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I’m watching Voyager for the second time, I’ve got them all on DVD but a bit dated because we have a 4k TV now, so i watch them on Pick TV. it’s free.

2 Likes

Labour Party’s Rachel Reeves, she really is Data’s daughter Lal, isn’t she?

IMG_0728

Love them all…including all the recent incarnations.
Star Trek Pike-as I call it-will,I reckon lead into a ‘new original ‘ series.
And isn’t there a series planned set in the Star Fleet Academy?

1 Like

Apparently so. Shooting is supposed to begin sometime this year.

Meanwhile, I’m patiently waiting for the next and final season of Star Trek Discovery coming out this April and later Star Trek Brave New Worlds. There is a fan campaign to get a new series made Star Trek Legacy, which would be a follow on from Star Trek Picard. There is also a made-for-TV movie titled Star Trek Section 31 supposed to be in production sometime. Plus there may (or may not) be a forth Star Trek movie somewhen.

2 Likes

Nice to see the experts posting. I’m in the middle of my third watch of Star Trek Enterprise. On my first watch, I struggled to get through the first couple episodes. Once I got through that, I was hooked in a big way. I was sad to see it end, but I’m good with watching it over and over.

I still haven’t watched Picard, Discovery or Brave New Worlds. I’m saving them for a rainy day, I guess. Since today is a rainy day, maybe I should get started on one of them. :grinning:

1 Like

I loved Star Trek–in most of iterations–the original, TNG, DS9, Voyager (less so…too repetitive). Not overly fond of Enterprise or Discovery. Enjoyed the first season of Picard. Loved Strange New Worlds–wish it would return. They used an Ursula LeGuin story as basis of one episode. Really interesting. And then they did a musical number. Hilarious.

And yes, the movies (well, most of them) were a delight.

Still waiting for a transporter to be invented! Wouldn’t that be a wonderful bit of technology???

2 Likes

In the original star trek in black and white of course I Iiked Spock and Scotty even the Romulans. Kirks character as a womaniser was kinda yuk really and spoied it for me.
The new generation was much better - more modern tecnology of course-. But there was a larger range of characters. I also got to like DS9. What I really liked about these 2 series was the PC nature of the characterisation and the philosophy always trying to do the right thing. I did not move on to the next series as I found the characters seemed too young for me :grinning: so I have just stayed with STNG and DS9.

2 Likes

Now that’s fighting talk.

Its true it was from the wobblily scenery division. But that was just how the they had to make their shows back then.

The acting was of a good standard as was the direction ( mostly ). many stories were good and the dialogue between the main cast was often excellent.

Best star trek. DS9 due to character and series progression. Something that TOS, TNG and STV didn’t have because they were syndicated. They could have had more character progression in STV but just didn’t bother.

BNW is coming in very strong for the recent iterations of the franchise with excellent chars and stories. Lower decks is also fun with a lot of fan service.

1 Like

I was probably too young to appreciate it. Cardboard scenery aside, they all seemed very miserable characters.

The series took a more cynical view of human nature and the United Federation of Planets than the utopian vision presented in The Next Generation , and unlike its predecessor, it featured main characters who were not from the Federation and could offer an alternative perspective.That’s what Wiki says and I agree.

1 Like

Interesting take. I’d call it more realistic or more balanced. TNG had a black and white view of issues, which is how the original was. It was more of a comic book type approach (meant in the best way possible). I generally like watching those shows where the good guy wins. But it’s not how life works in general. DS9 took a different approach.

2 Likes

Found something interesting on MetaFilter.

It’s a game about Star Trek: Borg that was remastered and able to be played in a browser. I’ve only watched the beginning. So far, I haven’t figured out how to pick the options but if I click on something, it has moved on to the next chapter.

I’m just enjoying the Star Trek characters. Also fun that they’re talking to the player - you.

Game

Youtube trailer for the game

1 Like