Any ideas for a present for my wife?

My wife wanted chocolate and a surprise

So I bought her a kinder egg…!!

3 Likes

Since you are hanging tight, how about having a meal catered at your home with a nice dessert?

perhaps if it has a heart theme and romantic music. You could pair it with a rose red fluffy toilet seat cover and pedestal mat to complete the theme.

When you win the pools you could get one of these for yourself - picks up blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen levels! :

As JBR is full Yorkshire this would likely be deliveroo of the local indian takeway :smiley:

Annie, how the 'eck are you supposed to clean that loo seat properly with all those gadgets stuck underneath it?

haha yes I think maybe they opened it to show the electrics but you’d expect they would be sealed to avoid any “overspill”! :smiley:

Me thinks the mad scientists at it again. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Seriously though JBR I would get Marge something connected to her fabulous artwork. Perhaps a local summer school or some fabulous equipment, easel brushes or a ScrawlrBox subscription

2 Likes

Good job I’m just an engineer…

Hmm. A shame :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: - not the living there, but the dining situation. Ok, let’s try again.

What about a bluetooth digital photo frame to which you could import family photos? You could set it up ahead of time and have it out shuffling photos as a surprise next to a nice vase of flowers.

2 Likes

Or a digital photo frame displaying Marge’s artworks. That would be so romantic

2 Likes

That’s a good idea Annie I would like that :slight_smile:
Has she got a studio easel JBR ?
They are quite large so you would need some room .

3 Likes

JBR, If she paints, how about a top of the range paint box, drawing pads, easel &/or canvases?
Another thought, a good camera?

1 Like

Theatre tickets to see a West End show or maybe a necklace or bracelet - gold or silver with an inscription of your choice.

A visit to an Art Gallery she’s not been to with lunch in town etc.

1 Like

What about adopting an elephant or a white tiger (subscripton for a year), or some animal specie that she has liked and admired over the years? They keep you well informed where the money is going, often sending a stuffed animal as a gentle reminder. It is saving the planet type of thing.

Wouldn’t it give false positives when you’re straining to squeeze one out?

2 Likes

Ah, now that’s a practical idea.

Thanks Anne. That’s a good idea and has given me some other ideas too!

She has.

Thank you all for those very helpful ideas. I shall certainly do something along those lines. To be honest, I hadn’t considered art equipment as she seems to have everything she needs, but I’ll definitely give that some thought.
Thanks again.
Actually, she has reminded me that we don’t do Valentine’s presents (we’re too old), but for our anniversary on 2 May? It will be our 35th which, I am reliably informed, is ‘coral’, though I believe that is now illegal to obtain!