Anti-masks - attitude - this sums it all up! FB post

Splitting hairs Foxy …splitting hairs.

Morty - Is this the post you’ve been referring to?

@Lindyloo …yes, that’s the one.
Perhaps I’m just been picky. It just seemed a bit flippant to me given the seriousness of the situation.

I don’t think you’re being picky at all Morty - it’s flippant and disgusting! An apology to all members of the forum is overdue!

1 Like

When Nelson gets his eye back…
Finger

1 Like

I wish people wouldn’t do that. I hate it!

The correct method is two fingers - index and middle finger, back of the hand facing the recipient.
We’re British, and proud of it.

3 Likes

One of my Chinese friends says, “When the cat gets horns” which very much appeals to me as an expression.

2 Likes

No you just chose to believe what some unqualified saddo says on the internet .

1 Like

If you say so Muddy…Happy Christmas anyway.
:hugs:

Apparently the two fingers originates from English archers at Agincourt, the birdie from Ancient Greece.

Did Agincourt Archers Really Invent Swearing With A Two-Fingered Salute V-Sign? (forces.net)

1 Like

The other afternoon it was pouring with rain and just getting dark. I was at the pharmacy collecting a prescription and they only allow one person in at a time so everyone else has to stand outside. There were about 10 of us in the driving rain. there was an area immediately outside the door which had a glass cover for shelter. The man in front of me was under it and I was getting rained on. he had a mask on. i asked him if he would move forward so a couple of us could get under too and he said “social distancing!l. I said “but we are outside in the fresh air and we all have masks on. :thinking:

That was a bit picky … and mean spirited.
I try to social distance in the supermarkets now, though not everyone bothers, but outside … in the rain… bah humbug.

2 Likes

You should have taken off your mask and breathed at him!

1 Like

Or grabbed hold of him and thrown him in front of a passing bus.

You should have said “Haven’t you heard, Coronavirus is allergic to the rain! Now move up Buster!”

2 Likes

That seems a little extreme Dex.
Then the bus would run late and everyone would suffer.

4 Likes

Fair point Morty. I think I was suggesting that being a tedious and obnoxious tw*t is potentially more dangerous that catching covid.

:joy: Morticia !

With the frequency of the buses around here, by the time one came, you would have had to get married.

3 Likes