Animal Extinction and Climate Change

It appears to me that we are at odds with nature…
In an attempt to reduce greenhouse gasses it has been recommended by the greens to go vegetarian or vegan and reduce farm herds by at least 50%…

We have already made a start by driving to extinction many wild species. Could it be that on our present course of stupidity with Whales, Elephants, Rhino’s, etc, and now farm stock, we will end up being the only species left alive on this planet…

1 Like

We have to eat less meat .
Never before in the history of the world has there been so many people eating so much meat .

But meat is part of the human’s staple diet Muddy…
Never in the history of the world has there been so many people…
I read somewhere that said:- In the last twenty years there have been more people alive than who have died since the beginning of time…

OMG - I’m aghast! How is it possible you have got to your age without being aware? Old Grey Fox - you’ve been commenting on the Greta Thunberg thread…

Yes, climate change has been happening since the world began, we are simply speeding it up over natural effects. 99% of the life forms that have existed on earth are now extinct. Nature has a way of dealing with species which are too successful. Over population is our problem.

Interestingly, or not depending on our viewpoint, a Lady Amherst’s Pheasant has just been spotted in Fife after having been considered extinct since 2015.

No, I don’t think we will be left alone on the planet, if anything we will be the first to completely become extinct certain animal species will survive us, even if only in very few numbers. (Unless we blow ‘everything’ up) . I really believe that . As Ray mentions, after years of thinking something is extinct , low and behold one will appear. Usually they get taken into captivity like the last dodo, and the white rhino for scientific research etc.

Plonkers !

The scientists are the ones who need to be researched… They create a system and changes we should follow,( it’s what they get paid to do) and then when it’s too late, find out they were wrong. A bit like the nuclear bomb !

:confused:

I agree completely.

We won’t be left alone on this planet. We will eventually become extinct also and earth will carry on without us. We are nothing special in the bigger picture; just another extinct species.

The solution is not to eat less meat. It’s to breed fewer people.

Absolutely eccles!

Seeing the more deadly weapons man is producing and the destructive power of these ever more sophisticated weapons being able to reach any place on earth and destroy anything anywhere it chooses it won,t be long before man himself will have destroyed the human race.
Do we read or hear of the animal kingdom producing better ways to kill other animals? No, they live and let live.

So getting back to this plan about saving the planet by reducing the amount of farm animals and getting everyone to become Veggy…
So what happens next? We buy all our Milk, eggs and butter from China…(like we do with everything else) and ship it halfway around the world…

Just changing the subject for a minute…Have you ever noticed how much Chinese stuff there is in the shops these days. I went shopping with Mrs Fox yesterday and made a point of looking to see where stuff was made…Clothing, Pots, Pans, Tools, For God’s sake! don’t we make anything ourselves these days? No wonder the countries in the state it’s in…I’ve got nothing against the Chinese or their products but come on! Why are we shipping stuff round the world when we can make it or grow it here.

I presume all the fuss is because of the amount of Methane farm animals produce…
Who actually thinks these things up…?
And worse than that…Why does everybody believe them?
A bunch of spotty face kids in a uni lab do some dubious calculations, give it to the BBC and that makes it sacred?

Well to be quite frank, it sounds like something from a Harry Potter book.
Is anybody aware that all rotting vegetation produces Methane.
At the bottom of every lake, river and pond stuff is breaking down and methane bubbles to the top. Every forest floor is doing the same thing. There is more methane being naturally produced than you can shake a stick at…

You could remove everything that stands, breaths and farts off the face of the earth and it wouldn’t make one iota of difference to the climate… Cattle and sheep also keep the countryside looking nice when the townies come up North on their annual holiday to the Dales or Lake District, nobody wants to see an overgrown wasteland or eat Chinese Cheese in Wensleydale…

So hands off our Sheep, Pigs, Cows and Chickens and chuck all that soya rubbish down the bog and eat some proper nosh, locally sourced, of course…
And don’t get me started on this fat free, low sugar, free from garbage…I have to check the packaging on everything I buy now to make sure it’s genuine.

That exponential rate of change.

:023::038::038:

The trouble is, every one is panicking and trying to come up with instant ideas on how to ‘‘save’’ the planet. Personally I don’t see how cutting back on meat consumption will do that but then I am not a scientist.

The other problem is that we have idiots like Corbyn who use words like ‘the environment’ and ‘climate change’ to win him votes at the next election. The future of the planet should not be decided by politicians, celebrities or anarchists. There needs to be a proper study carried out by scientists from all Countries around the world, not just the patsies like us that will be most affected.

I first saw that graph about 15yrs ago ciderman, and it struck me
then that the human race resembled a form of disease or plague
that has infected the eco-system and is now in the process of
finishing off all other forms of life?
When we complete that task, which seems quite likely in the near
future imo, l think our population will start to collapse, possibly
very rapidly due to lack of renewable resources and to epidemics
and also to suicides due to lack of quality of life?
Once that phase is over then the planet will be free to start again
but not neccassarily in the same way as previously??
I think l am fortunate to have been born when l was? I dont think
the gimmicks we now have are going to help us much, we need a
change in philosophy! The cities most of us live in distort our view
of how the planet works l think?

Regards Donkeyman!

Good post OGF! Another point if l may? The vegitarians also seem
to be missing the point that animals, both wild and domastic are a
part of the eco- system, and play a big part in fertilising and also
trimming vegetation and working the soil!
This enables more and new growth without which the vegetarians
would have anything to eat???

Regards Donkeyman!

Strangely enough, I’ve never heard one politician, saying that very sensible, and appropriate comment! :cry::cry::cry:

That too.