And so it begins.....!

It’s going to have a human face so it interact with you :open_mouth: Fix your car, pick up shopping, you name it, this can do it.

3 Likes

Bicentennial man?

2 Likes

Not in my lifetime … :slightly_smiling_face:

:robot:

2 Likes

This is one of those instances where…just because something can be done, it doesn’t mean it should be!

5 Likes

It’s news reports like this that bring it home to me how relieved I am that I won’t be around when this ‘new world’ is in full force. We are, each and every one of us, a child of our times. These are not of my times, maybe not even my children’s times, but my grandchildren will easily and probably willingly be accepting of all these advances. They have only ever known a life where technology is an essential element - mobile phones, computers, etc, with lots of fun non-essential add-ons like smart watches, digital cameras, digital TV streaming with endless choice, smart devices such as Alexa.

Although we have absorbed all of these advances, we remember a time when none of it existed. Our grandchildren don’t. They are the children of these times.

4 Likes

Thank you Sheba, that’s a really nice reply.

Scary, but oh so true!

2 Likes

Like:

Imagine that on a ‘bot’ … :scream_cat:

2 Likes

@PixieKnuckles Didn’t you know pixie, Elon Musk is the prototype for these robots !!
Never fear, by the time they are perfected all animal life will be extinct on earth due to high
temperatures ?
The only things that will be able to continue operating will be robotic !!:grin::grin:

Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

What scares me is we evolved to have arms , legs & a brain so we could do things , but wont we all end up sitting down doing nothing when these arrive?
If we do less we will not need the amount of food that we currently do or we will all become obese and probably die earlier.
I have a horrid view of the future where viruses stop us all from going out and homes will become much smaller ( owing to greater demand) so reduce the chance of exercise! Will humans become creatures that just sit at a PC and order food, that will be immediately sent to us, and only chat via a computer.? :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

2 Likes

What I would like to know is when these robots have taken over and are perfected to work (but not be paid) and the population no longer has jobs to go to, because it’s all done by robots, who is going to pay our bills and pay for the shopping etc. when these robots do all that for us.

We will be sitting at home without any money in the bank as we will not have jobs, that will all have been taken over by robots!

When the first robots started doing monotonous jobs previously done by humans, like assembly of items such as cars in factories, that might have been reasonable. Then these were perfected further so doing more complicated tasks, the result was less jobs for humans. Now it’s getting towards where humans will not be needed so just what is the end objective in all this? It all seems rather pointless to me. :grinning:

4 Likes

My post, just after your’s Twink55, is very similar to what you are saying, just what is the point of it all? Originally robots were to save humans doing monotonous work and more realistically to save money (to make more profits), but the end objective is baffling and seems quite pointless to me. :thinking: :grinning:

2 Likes

Omah!! Jeez…thats the ultimate nightmare :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I see your point @Donkeyman Yep! However, if all there will be is robots…they won’t see the point of carrying on, because they won’t have the need to keep themselves going…I hope! Gosh can you imagine…self replicating robots - eeeeek! :open_mouth:

Brilliant film!

My over active mind tells me that robots will learn how you make more robots & humans may become extinct… or a nuclear war will make all live creatures become extinct. Robots wont be affected by nuclear war so may even be able to run Nuclear power stations to charge themselves .
:alien: On a brighter note the whole idea reminds me of the aliens who laughed at how we made mashed potatoes, instead of their way … Cadbury’s Smash! :rofl:

1 Like

I’d as lief not!

1 Like

I’m glad I won’t be around to see when robots take over.

I saw a video a couple of years back and I found it horrific. The signs of things to come? What a horrible prospect.

1 Like

We will all be assimilated - resistance is futile!

2 Likes

Wow, that is pretty scary stuff @LionQueen

That future is here right now Twink, sorry to say. Or it seems so…

1 Like